Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Cowdenbeath 2 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish Cup
Venue: Central Park
Date: Saturday, 20th October 2018
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 384
Referee: G Beaton


Cowdenbeath   Clyde
(10) Marsh Goodwillie (88)
(84) Cox  

Hide Line-ups

Cowdenbeath   Clyde
McGurn Currie
Mullen Cuddihy (77) Yellow Card
Deas Lang (72)
Marsh McNiff Yellow Card
Pyper Rumsby
Miller Grant
Yellow Card Cox Lyon
Malcolm Rankin
(67) Sheerin Goodwillie
Scott Boyle (59)
Swann Belmokhtar
Scullion Lamont (77)
Goodfellow McGee
(67) Renton Nicoll
Hay Love (72)
Buchanan McStay (59)

Hide Match Report

Clyde's hopes of a run in the William Hill Scottish Cup were ended at the first hurdle today, as fellow League 2 side Cowdenbeath recorded a 2-1 victory in the second round tie at Central Park.

Danny Lennon made three changes to his side, with Ross Lyon making his first start for the club, and Tom Lang being handed his first start of the season. Jack Boyle also returned to the starting line-up, with Kevin Nicoll, Mark Lamont and Chris McStay dropping to the bench.

The home side took the lead on 10 minutes when a free-kick from a wide position was floated into the box and ex-Clyde man David Marsh was on hand to place a header into the net.

Clyde should have been awarded a penalty just before the half-hour mark after Martin McNiff blatantly had his shirt pulled whilst attempting to get on the end of Ray Grant's deep free-kick. Despite referee Graham Beaton and his assistant John McCrossan being well placed to see the tug, they both decided to ignore it.

Karim Belmokhtar then had a chance from distance which was deflected by Marsh, and the ball just looped over the crossbar.

Clyde came close to an equaliser when McNiff got the slightest of touches to a dangerous free-kick, but David McGurn showed good reflexes to turn it behind for a corner.

Jack Boyle hit a shot from outside the box which McGurn initially held then spilled. He managed to react quickly though and gather the ball again, just ahead of David Goodwillie.

The Blue Brazil doubled their advantage on 84 minutes when they hit Clyde on the counter. Kris Renton got to the by-line and picked out David Cox, who turned the ball past Blair Currie.

The Bully Wee gave themselves a glimmer of hope with two minutes remaining after Ross Lyon whipped a cross in from the right wing into the goal area. Goodwillie threw himself at the ball, and managed to prod it past McGurn.

It turned out to be no more than a consolation though, as Clyde were unable to find another goal to force a replay.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights