Code of Conduct
Clyde FC is a Community Interest Company, run by members for members, is a family oriented club, with active participation from all age groups within the community.
The Board of Directors, operating on behalf of the members are keen to ensure that all supporters, players and officials do not engage in any form of unacceptable conduct either violent or disorderly.
Violent conduct includes any actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against any person, or intentional damage to property.
Disorderly conduct includes:
Conduct which encourages or incites, or is likely or is designed to encourage or sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:
- Colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin
- Membership or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social or cultural group with perceived religious affiliation
- sexual orientation
- transgender identity
- using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct
- gender re-assignment
- displaying writing or any other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting
Any person engaging in unacceptable conduct may be subject to any, or a combination of the following:
- Removal from the Ground
- Suspension from attending matches or events involving Clyde FC
- Indefinite ban from attending matches and/or events involving Clyde FC
- Report to the police and possible criminal proceedings
Whilst it is appreciated that behaviour such as that listed above involves the minority of individuals in our society, the club wishes to ensure that we continue to maintain the highest standards both on and off the field of play.
Policy last reviewed 8th May 2023