Clyde 3-3 Nairn County

The Bully Wee came back from behind three times against Nairn this afternoon, to remain in the William Hill Scottish Cup and force a replay at the Highland club’s Station Park next Saturday.

Jim Duffy made three changes to the team that lost at East Stirling last week, with Lee Sharp, Iain Gray and John Neill replacing John Kane, Craig Wedderburn and Paul Hay.

Clyde started the match brightly and hit the woodwork twice in the opening minutes. Stef McCluskey was the first to see his header come back off the post, with Kevin Watt also hitting the frame of the goal with a header.

Despite the early home pressure, it was Nairn that took the lead. Conor Gethins found space in the box and he put a lovely volley into the top corner of the net.

An equaliser soon followed, however. Good work by Stuart McColm on the left wing led to the ball breaking to Kevin Watt and, from close range, he smashed the ball past Callum Donaldson and into the net.

The visitors regained the lead before half-time, thanks to an audicious long-range effort by Gregg Main that deceived Jamie Barclay and flew into the roof of the Clyde net.

After the break, there was relief around Broadwood as Bryan Gilfillan (pictured) levelled the scores again, rising well to head a Lee Sharp cross into the bottom corner.

Incredibly, the score changed again only moments later as Clyde appeared to lose concentration following the goal. Gethins was the man who took advantage of some slack defending, making space for himself and coolly beating Barclay from the edge of the box.

The rest of the second half saw The Bully Wee press to find a third goal, but it took until the 86th minute before it came. Kevin Watt’s floated cross to the back post was met by Stef McCluskey and he found the roof of the away net, for his first – crucial – goal for the club.

Following a John Sweeney effort hitting the underside of the bar and an injury-time scramble in the Nairn penalty box, the full-time whistle ended an action-packed encounter that will surely have pleased any neutrals in attendance. The clubs will now meet again next week, with the Third Round draw taking place on Monday to offer potential opponents to the winner.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, don’t forget to vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.