Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Clyde 1-2 Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic

Clyde were left to rue missed chances as they suffered a narrow 2-1 defeat to Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic in their first match at New Douglas Park.

Danny Lennon made two changes to the starting eleven that lost at Easter Road last Saturday with Josh Bradley-Hurst coming in for Neil Parry and Jordan Allan in place of Ross Lyon.

It was a very quiet state of affairs in the opening 15 minutes with the first chance of the match falling to Ross Cunningham with his low shot at the edge of the box comfortably saved by Andrews.

The Bully Wee had another opportunity to break the deadlock in the 19th minute with Duthie getting on Allan’s low cross which unfortunately missed the target. However, it was the visitors who opened the scoring a mere minute later with McGachie beating Bradley-Hurst to hit the target from close-range.

As the match neared the half-hour mark, Bonnyrigg doubled their advantage as the Clyde defence failed to clear the ball from a corner-kick with Hall squeezing the ball into the net.

The Rose continued to make the most of the majority of possession and nearly scored a third three minutes later as Bradley-Hurst lost his grip on the ball from a free-kick, however Grigor’s effort sailed over the bar.

As the game progressed Jordan Allan found himself in pole position in the box after a dangerous cross only for his header to be denied by Andrews.

The Bully Wee then pulled a goal back on the stroke of half-time as after the ball was ping-ponged around the box, Cunningham found a way through the defence and hit a low effort which rattled the net.

There was one change between the sticks for Clyde in the second-half with Neil Parry replacing Bradley-Hurst.

Clyde came out all guns blazing with the first chance after the re-start with Allan finding the space to hit a shot on goal but was superbly saved by the legs of the ‘keeper.

The visitors were then denied a penalty in the 57th minute after McGachie was fouled in the box, however the referee waved play on despite clamour from the away dugout.

Allan was yet again denied by the legs of Andrews on the hour-mark after being played through from the resulting corner as The Bully Wee continued to press forward.

Morgaro Gomis was the next to try his luck in the 68th minute with a powerful effort outside the box that went narrowly wide as the hosts’ kept hunting for an equaliser.

There wasn’t much in clear-cut chances as the match entered the final ten minutes with both Parry and Andrews taking in spectator roles with both set of defences holding firm.

Clyde then broke forward in the search for an equaliser in the concluding minutes in a desperate attempt to force the game to penalties. Olly McDonald found ample space to hit a long ball across goal which was unable to reach Cunningham and went wide.

Conner Duthie then got on the end of a cross from Liam Scullion, however his header was comfortably saved by Andrews.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.