Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Forfar Athletic 0-0 Clyde

The Bully Wee picked up a well earned point at Station Park this afternoon, and were unlucky not to take all three.

Danny Lennon made one enforced change to the side which beat Falkirk last weekend, with Darren Smith replacing Alex Petkov, who was on international duty with the Bulgaria under-21 side.

Forfar Athletic had a strong wind behind them in the first half, and the conditions aided a long range free-kick from Dale Hilson, but David Mitchell made a fine save to tip the shot onto the bar, and made another important block from a follow-up effort.

Clyde’s first effort of the afternoon also came from a free-kick, with Ray Grant’s curling effort brushing the side netting.

Andy Jackson came close with a header that landed on the roof of the net, before Mark Lamont played Darren Smith in behind the Loons’ defence but ‘keeper Marc McCallum was able to foil his attempt.

Lamont then had an opportunity of his own, unleashing a shot from outside the box, which McCallum had to stretch to and tip behind.

Clyde dominated the second half and somehow failed to score just after the restart. David Goodwillie, making his 100th appearance for The Bully Wee, saw his chance saved and Smith was unable to convert the rebound. A goal mouth stramash then ensued, before the hosts finally cleared the ball to safety.

McCallum was called into action again, stopping Martin McNiff’s header from Ally Love’s corner, and Chris McStay’s drive from the edge of the box.

Jordan Kirkpatrick and Lamont both came close with efforts from distance which finished narrowly off target, and it was the same story in stoppage time for Craig Howie. A Forfar clearance from a corner fell to the centre-back who hit a sweetly struck volley from outside the area, which whistled just wide of McCallum’s post.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.