Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Edinburgh City 1-2 Clyde

The Bully Wee leapfrogged Edinburgh City into second place in the Ladbrokes League 2 tables this afternoon, as late goals by substitutes Ally Love and Kristoffer Syvertsen completed a fine comeback against the capital club.

Danny Lennon made one changed to the starting line-up following last week’s draw with Peterhead, with Scott Banks replacing Jack Boyle.

Clyde had the first opportunity after putting pressure on the home defence, which resulted in David Goodwillie gaining possession and driving towards goal, but Callum Antell was able to turn his shot behind.

At the other end The Citizens created a chance when Blair Henderson got on the end of a low cross, but Blair Currie held his effort from close range.

Antell was called into action after Mark Lamont cut in from the right and unleashed a curling shot which was tipped behind again, and from the other side of the park he pushed Tom Lang’s deep cross onto the crossbar.

The Bully Wee made a sluggish start to the second half when they gave the ball away around the penalty box, and were forced to pay when Cuddihy fouled an opponent in the area. Henderson sent Currie the wrong way from the penalty spot to open the scoring.

Goodwillie was then played through behind the City defence but Antell raced from his goal to get to the ball first. His clearance went straight to the feet of Lamont, but the midfielder rushed his effort from distance which went well over the bar.

Danny Lennon made a double change, throwing on Ally Love and Kristoffer Syvertsen, and both men turned the game on its head.

With ten minutes remaining, Goodwillie hit a shot from the edge of the area which took a deflection and hit the post. Love reacted quickest to the rebound but his effort was blocked by Antell, before he managed to find the back of the net at the second attempt.

The Bully Wee completed the comeback four minutes from time when Goodwillie outmuscled Conrad Balatoni and squared the ball to Syvertsen in the box. The Norwegian forward took a touch to compose himself then fired past Antell.

Edinburgh City had a chance to level in stoppage time when a dangerous corner flashed right across the face of goal, but Henderson was unable to get on the end of it.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.