Clyde 1-1 Stirling Albion

A last minute goal from Dylan Cogill earned Clyde a point against Stirling Albion at Broadwood this afternoon.

Martin McNiff made his 100th appearance for The Bully Wee, as Danny Lennon retained the same team that came away from Edinburgh with three points last Saturday.

Clyde saw more of the ball in the opening stages and had a very early chance after Dylan Cogill got on the end of a cross, but his header went straight at Cameron Binnie in the Stirling goal.

A quick counter attack almost led to another chance for the home side, but a ball over the top towards McNiff was just out of the reach of the defender and Binnie managed to get to the ball first.

Stirling thought they’d taken the lead in the 13th minute as Daniel Jardine’s header went into the net after hitting the inside of the post, but the referee disallowed the goal and awarded a Clyde free-kick for a foul inside the box.

Both sides cotinued to try and open the scoring; John Rankin’s long range effort went into Binnie’s arms before Dominic Docherty’s similar effort for the visitors produced a routine save from Blair Currie.

The best chance of the half fell to Dylan Cogill. The centre back was found at the far post but his low, first time effort came back off the post, before Chris McStay hit the side netting from the rebound.

McStay had another chance just before the half-time whistle, as good footwork from Kristoffer Syvertsen saw the Norwegian take the ball past two defenders and put a good ball across goal for McStay, but the midfielder’s shot was blocked before it reached the goal and the sides went into the break goalless.

Clyde started the second half well and John Rankin came close to getting the opener, but his free kick effort was well saved by Binnie. 

Nicoll almost got his foot to another Rankin free-kick, but this time Stirling managed to clear the ball just in time.

The Binos did manage to score the opening goal just before the hour, as Jardine was the first to react after Currie produced a good save from a close range shot and the Stirling man was able to easily tap the ball into the net to put the visitors ahead.

Barry Cuddihy tried an ambitious effort from range that was easily dealt with by Binnie, as the game looked like it would finish 1-0.

However, in injury time, a Clyde free-kick was sent into the box and the ball was headed into the path of Cogill, who equalised with a brilliant finish and confirm that both sides would take a point from the match.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.