Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Clyde 1-1 Cowdenbeath

For the second Saturday in succession The Bully Wee conceded a last minute goal to drop points at Broadwood.

There were two changes to the Clyde side that lost to Edinburgh City last weekend, with Kieran Duffie replacing the suspended Andy Munro, and fit again Darren Ramsay coming in for Mark Lamont.

The first half was a very drab affair with little in the way of chances, though Jordan Stewart did test Cowdenbeath ‘keeper Joe McGovern from a free-kick just before the interval.

Cowdenbeath had a chance of their own shortly after half-time from a counter attack. A low cross found Josh Morris in the box but he fluffed his kick, with only Blair Currie to beat.

Stewart had another long range effort saved by McGovern, and the former Clyde goalkeeper twice denied Kevin Nicoll in the space of a minute, palming his shot from 30 yards past the post, then showing great reflexes to save his header from the resulting corner.

The Bully Wee did make the breakthrough with only fifteen minutes remaining. David Goodwillie played a through ball into the box for Scott Ferguson, and he squared the ball for his fellow substitute Smart Osadolor to fire past McGovern.

The visitors tried to hit back and had an effort blocked on the line by Barry Cuddihy. The Cowdenbeath players strongly appealed for a penalty, believing Cuddihy had stopped the ball with his hand, but referee Craig Charleston was unmoved and gave a corner.

He did point to the spot moments later, when Scott Ferguson tripped a Blue Brazil forward. Jack Breslin argued that the contact had taken place outside the box, and received a second yellow card followed by a red for his protestations. Harvey Swann then sent Currie the wrong way and slotted the penalty kick home to earn his side a point, just as the game moved into stoppage time.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.