Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Peterhead 4-1 Clyde

The Bully Wee endured a miserable afternoon at Balmoor as they ended the match with ten men whilst on the end of a resounding defeat.

Ian McCall made two changes to his side, with Chris McGinn and Liam Scullion coming in for Ross Lyon and Jaze Kabia. 20-year-old goalkeeper Jay Kennedy also took a place on the bench, with the ex-Forfar Athletic and Gretna 2008 ‘keeper signing until the end of the season due to Neil Parry suffering a finger injury.

The match hadn’t settled in to any real pattern before the hosts were handed the opportunity to take the lead after the referee pointed to the spot following a challenge by Howie as Peterhead broke in to the box and Pawlett duly tucked it away. 

Jordan Allan was presented with an immediate opportunity to restore parity, but McKenzie produced a point-blank save when most expected the net to bulge.  It went from bad to worse for The Bully Wee as Peterhead were gifted another penalty after the Clyde defence dallied in clearing the ball.  This allowed a Peterhead forward to get to the ball before Lee Hamilton could clear, leaving the referee little option but to point to the spot.  Kinnear would get a good hand to it, but was unable to get enough to keep out Pawlett’s second of the match from 12 yards. 

A raft of substitutions at half time were unable to make any immediate change to proceedings and the match was all but over within five minutes of the restart as a corner to the back post found its way back in front of goal to the gratefully Pawlett to slot home for his third. 

Clyde got back in to the game with half an hour to go as the ball broke to Robbie Leitch, after Jordan Allan hassled the home side’s defence, and he duly slotted home.  Any chance of a comeback was all but put to bed in the space of 60 seconds with just minutes left on the clock.  Jaze Kabia’s free kick was superbly saved and only moments later he was given his second yellow card for seemingly catching a Peterhead defender as he cleared the ball. 

The hosts added to their tally when the game entered injury time, as a quick corner found McKee with all the time he needed to fire home and leave Clyde waiting another week to try claw off bottom of the League Two table.