Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Bonnyrigg Rose 1-2 Clyde

The Bully Wee moved within three points of Stranraer and today’s hosts Bonnyrigg Rose as they fought back to secure a vital 2-1 victory at New Dundas Park to continue their fight to safety. 

Ian McCall made two changes from the 2-1 defeat away to Forfar with Craig Howie and Jaze Kabia coming in for Robbie Leitch and Ray Grant. 

Clyde got off to a nightmare start after conceding in the first minute. A long throw was flicked on and Smart Osadolor smashed in from two yards out at the back post.

In the 6th minute of the match Clyde had their first serious effort on goal. Ballantyne fed Kabia on the left but his curling, first time effort sailed harmlessly over. 

Jordan Allan forced Paddy Martin into his first save after 25 minutes. A loose ball was viciously volleyed towards the top right corner, but Martin got a strong left hand to it to tip it over. 

A long ball to Osadolor then caused havoc with Kinnear unable to claim the ball, and then Callum Connolly somehow fired wide when he had an open goal. 

Five minutes after the restart, Kabia almost got the equaliser after good play in the middle. His effort fizzed just wide of goal. This sparked Clyde on after Allan worked room in the box and fired his strike straight at Martin.

Clyde finally got their deserved goal 10 minutes into the second half. A looping Scullion cross was headed over the despairing hand of Martin by Allan to get Clyde back on level terms. 

Kinnear was forced into a brilliant close range save after the ball fell to Dunsmore in the six-yard box. He blasted an effort on target, but Kinnear put his body on the line to keep the tie level. 

Alex King was at the rescue when the ball dropped in the box and flew past Kinnear, but he made a vital block on the line, and seconds later set up the winning goal. His long ball into the box saw Allan compete with Martin and the Clyde forward came off better, before tapping into an empty net to send the away end wild. 

Allan almost got the hat-trick as he found room on the edge of the box in the closing stages. His fierce strike forced Martin to get down to his right and parry to safety, as Clyde held on for the victory.