Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Clyde 0-2 Forfar Athletic

Clyde fell to another disappointing 2-0 defeat at the expense of Forfar Athletic at New Douglas Park.

Ian McCall made three changes from the 2-0 victory over Dumbarton from the weekend, with Craig Howie and Jaze Kabia picking up injuries. They were replaced by Peter Grant and Robbie Leitch, whilst Connor Young took the place of the suspended Jordan Allan.

The first effort of the match came from the left boot of Liam Scullion, a speculative, looping volley from a throw in that went narrowly over.

Robbie Leitch tested Forfar keeper Marc McCallum with a powerful strike after 10 minutes, but McCallum got down low to his left to push it around the post.

Clyde went close again after a thunderous effort by Cuddihy sailed narrowly over the crossbar.

Josh Skelly nodded Forfar’s first attempt on target. An acrobatic flick to keep the ball in play was met by Skelly, but his header was comfortably caught by Kinnear.

It was a frantic opening 30 minutes and a long, floated free kick into the box from King found Rennie but his effort was straight at McCallum.

Clyde went close two minutes later after a loose ball, picked up by Ballantyne, was shifted to Scullion on the left. After he cut in on his right, his shot seemed destined for the top right corner, but for the fingertips of McCallum to tip it wide.

McCall’s side got off to a nightmare start in the second half with Skelly’s outswinger from a corner causing havoc. Stuart Morrison lashed his strike on target, giving Kinnear no chance.

It was almost two after another Skelly corner was headed just over the bar by Matthew Allan.

Clyde finally got their second half underway on 69 minutes after a ball over the top allowed half time substitute Kian Leslie to chase. He was through on goal but saw his effort hooked off the line. From the resulting corner, Martin Rennie saw his bullet header flash wide.

Forfar got their second of the night and put the tie to bed 12 minutes from time after Finlay Allan found space down the left. He slid the ball to Russell McLean on the edge of the box, who slotted his strike past the despairing hand of Kinnear. 

It was almost three after Clyde gave the ball away in their own half. Finlay Allan’s strike took a wicked deflection with the ball spinning inches past the post.

Kinnear was at the rescue after miscommunication from a long free kick. Daniel Scally flicked his header over the keeper but Kinnear managed to claw it to safety.

Cameron Ballantyne almost scored Clyde a consolation in stoppage time, but his strike was well blocked by a stubborn Forfar defence.



Picture by Craig Black