Peterhead 2-1 Clyde

Clyde’s run without a cinch League 2 win continued at Balmoor this afternoon, with a extremely poor first half display proving costly.

Ian McCall shuffled his team and made four changes, with Josh McCulloch, Jon Craig, Peter Grant and Connor Young replacing Ross Lyon, Logan Dunachie, Stuart Carswell and Ji Stevenson, the latter missing through illness.

The Bully Wee made a nightmare start and were a goal down after just 90 seconds. A cross into the centre of the box was knocked down to Jack Brown, who rifled a shot beyond Jack Leighfield.

Rory McAllister then had a chance to double The Blue Toon’s advantage when he fired an effort on target. Leighfield however was able to get down low and tip the shot behind for a corner.

At the other end Darren Hynes tested Stuart McKenzie from 25 yards out with a blistering drive, but the ‘keeper got two strong hands behind it to knock it wide.

Peterhead added a second with 32 minutes played, when Connor O’Keefe got in behind the defence then curled a shot into the top corner of the net.

Ian McCall made a triple change at half-time and Clyde improved considerably in the second half, without putting too much pressure on McKenzie’s goal.

Ray Grant made his long awaited comeback from injury after a year out with 15 minutes to play, and five minutes later Clyde supporters had more to cheer for when Euan Cameron netted. Captain Martin Rennie squared the ball across the edge of the box to Cameron, whose low drive deflected off the foot of a defender and looped over the head of McKenzie.

Clyde almost forced an equaliser with time running out when Leslie got to the by-line and whipped a cross in which Rennie met, but he couldn’t get a proper contact on the ball and it skewed wide.

The hosts were reduced to 10 men in stoppage time after Rory McAllister dived inside the Clyde box and was shown his second yellow card of the afternoon, but Peterhead held on to take all three points.

REACTION – Ian McCall’s post-match comments