Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Livingston 1-0 Clyde

The Bully Wee put in a spirited and determined performance away to Livingston this afternoon but the Premiership side took all three points after a solitary late goal.

Head Coach Brian McLean made three changes to the side with Erik Sula and Euan Cameron replacing Peter Grant and the suspended Ross Forbes, whilst Jack Leighfield also took over in goals from the unavailable Neil Parry.

The opening 30 minutes were fairly tame with only Cameron Mulvanny vaguely threatening after jinking past two defenders in off the left wing and hitting a shot on target, but Shamal George easily dealt with the effort.

Livi then launched a quick counter attack but the final shot was blocked by the body of a Clyde defender.

Kian Leslie, Liam Scullion and Euan Cameron showed good link-up play at the other end resulting in Cameron’s shot being blocked, before a goalbound follow up attempt by Mulvanny hit a Livi defender flush in the face.

Erik Sula then threw his leg in the way of another Livi attempt heading on target whilst a follow up effort was skewed wide. Stephen Kelly then saw his left footed shot held by Jack Leighfield.

On the stroke of the interval Martin Rennie showed good skill to control a high ball and hit a shot on the turn, but it was deflected behind for a corner.

Clyde had a chance just after half-time when Scullion’s long free-kick floated past a host of bodies in the box. Erik Sula steamed in at the back post unmarked but was unable to get a touch to divert it into the net.

Guthrie then directed a powerful on target which Leighfield held, and the Clyde ‘keeper made a fantastic double save 10 minutes later, first denying Guthrie again from point blank range, then getting back up and making a terrific stop to deny Montano on the rebound.

The Lions took the lead in the 75th minute when Bruce Anderson’s low shot from outside the box trickled into the bottom corner of the net.

The same player had a chance to double his and Livingston’s advantage two minutes later after referee Willie Collum pointed to the spot for a Rennie handball. Anderson stepped up but Leighfield pulled off another top drawer save to deny him.

The Bully Wee kept battling until the very end but were unable to seriously test George in their hunt for an equaliser.

REACTION — Brian McLean’s post match comments

Picture by SNS