Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Clyde 1-1 Dunfermline Athletic

Clyde earned a hard-fought draw against the league leaders at New Douglas Park this afternoon as they shared the spoils with Dunfermline Athletic.

Jim Duffy named three changes to the team with Jon Craig returning to the line-up alongside new signings Martin Rennie and Cameron Salkeld, who made their first starts in the Clyde jersey.

The Bully Wee opened the scoring after four minutes when Erik Sula caught onto Roberts corner-kick and knocked it towards goal, with Martin Rennie getting a touch from close range to put it beyond Deniz Mehmet.

It was almost an immediate response from the visitors after Edwards found space to send a low effort at the face of goal which went narrowly wide, while Todd also came close for the Pars, but his shot missed the target.

Neither ‘keeper were forced into action after the intense start to the match as the visitors pushed the ball further up the park, but they were restricted in creating opportunities with the Clyde defence holding firm.

Rennie and Kyle Doherty attempted to break through the defensive wall, but were continually thwarted as their efforts were blocked, with ease, while at the other end, Sula done well to send Todd’s menacing shot behind goal.

However, the Pars’ resilience paid dividends as they brought the game back to level terms in the 39th minute. Edwards managed to dodge past Clyde players at the edge of the box, enabling him to find ample space and fire a powerful shot beyond Parry.

With the match entering the final minutes before half-time, Salkeld sent a dangerous cross into the vicinity of goal, but Benedictus reacted aptly to make the necessary clearance.

There was nothing that separated the two sides in the early stages of the second period as Dunfermline pressed bodies forward in the hunt to take the lead, but Clyde’s defence coped adequately with the mounting pressure, blocking McCann’s effort from inside the box.

The hosts continued to weather further waves of attack from the visitors with Todd catching onto the end of a corner, but his shot was comfortably saved by Parry.

The Clyde ‘keeper was called into action yet again in the 70th minute, as he crouched low to deny Edwards’ effort from the edge of the box.

The home side were able to momentarily divert the majority of play from their own half with five minutes remaining, as Liam Scullion and Euan Cameron paved the path for Ross Cunningham to work a shot at goal, however, his lobbed effort landed on the roof of the net.

Todorov’s last-minute shot from the far side of the box nestled straight into the hands of Parry, while Cunningham’s volley went wide as both teams had to settle for a point.

MAN OF THE MATCH SPONSORED BY CALL ROBERT – If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.