Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Clyde 3-3 Falkirk

Clyde marked Jim Duffy’s second home debut in charge with a battling six-goal thriller against Falkirk at New Douglas Park.

The Bully Wee manager opted to make one change to the side that drew to Dunfermline last weekend with Morgaro Gomis replacing Paul Kennedy.

Falkirk spurned a glorious opportunity to open the scoring with six minutes on the clock. Oliver shrugged off opposition bodies to round past Neil Parry and fire the ball across goal, only for Burrell to fail to slot it home from the back post. The Bairns then came close two minutes later after McKay connected onto Nesbitt’s free-kick, but the hosts reacted quickly to clear the danger.

The visitors continued to dominate the vast majority of possession and reaped the rewards by breaking the deadlock in the 21st minute. Morrison found ample space at the edge of the box to send home a powerful shot which rattled the top corner of the net.

However, it wasn’t long until the game was back on level terms as the Bully Wee equalised shortly before the half-hour mark, courtesy of Steven Thicot. Peter Grant worked his way into the middle of the box and knocked the ball at Thicot’s feet with the Frenchman firing his effort into the bottom corner.

As the match edged closer to the interval, the home side took advantage of their growing influence on the match to haul themselves in front. Gomis picked out Jordan Allan with the number nine batting away an opposition defender to ram the ball past Hogarth.

The match sparked back into life nine minutes after the restart as the visitors equalised. Oliver sprinted up the park and cut inside the box to strike a blistering shot straight at goal. Liam Scullion and Thicot desperately attempted to block his effort, but were unable to prevent it crossing the line.

Despite conceding, The Bully Wee didn’t let their heads drop and regained the lead in the 62nd minute. Kurtis Roberts squared the ball through to Allan who secured his brace by hammering his shot into the bottom corner.

The nail-biting drama refused to let up as the Bairns levelled the scoreline five minutes later. Alegria collected a discarded pass and flung it into the path of Lawal, who made no mistake in curling the ball past Parry.

The visitors, not content with a draw, continued to press forward in search of regaining control of the match. Morrison snatched the ball from a back pass and lobbed a shot at goal, but Parry leapt up to send it over the bar.

As proceedings entered the final 10 minutes, the hosts held their ground as they were hit by a wave of attacks with Parry crouching low to block Alegria’s attempt from close-range.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.

FULL MATCH REPLAY: You can watch a replay of the full 90 minutes of this afternoon’s game from now at a cost of £5. The replay will be available until Tuesday and you can order through the Ticket Store.