Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Clyde 0-2 Dunfermline Athletic

Clyde succumbed to an eighth straight league defeat at the hands of the cinch League 1 leaders Dunfermline Athletic under the lights at New Douglas Park.

Danny Lennon made a triple change to the starting line-up that lost to Kelty Hearts last Saturday as Ross Lyon, Peter Grant and Jon Craig came in for Liam Scullion, Paul Kennedy and Euan Cameron.

Chances were few and far between in the opening 15 minutes. The closest the visitors got to the goalmouth was through consecutive corners in the ninth minute, which came to nothing. At the other end, Craig got a hold of the ball, however, he misjudged its strength, causing it to go out of play.

Dunfermline opened the scoring in the 16th minute as Clyde were caught out on the counter-attack, leaving Wighton to race through and slide the ball past Neil Parry.

In the 22nd minute, Jordan Allan hit an effort from inside the box, however his shot flew wide. Mochrie then flung in a high-arching effort into the centre of the box, which was cancelled out by Peter Grant.

As proceedings reached the half-hour mark Allan connected onto Ross Lyon’s cross, which nestled safely into the hands of Mehmet.

The Pars continued to maintain the majority of possession while restricting the hosts opportunities to push up the park. Benedictus sent a header in the vicinity of the goal from a free-kick but it soared wide. Lyon then shoved the ball into the path of Ross Cunningham, who fired home an effort which was denied by the ‘keeper.

As the clock ticked down into the final minutes before half-time, Ross Cunningham hit a free-kick from a dangerous position, but it struck the defensive wall.

The visitors came flying out the traps after the interval as Clyde’s defence found themselves under intense pressure. Parry was quick to block a barrel-load of chances from Comrie and Wighton. The aforementioned forward also squandered a glorious opportunity to double his account in the 55th minute, as his shot from inside the box curled agonisingly wide.

With the match entering the final 20 minutes, The Bully Wee held their nerve during consecutive forays into the box by the visitors. Benedictus drilled a header at goal from McCann’s corner, which the hosts cleared. McCann was then close to doubling the visitors advantage in the 78th minute as his effort from close-range whistled past the target.

The Bully Wee’s resistance was eventually cracked as Todd doubled the visitors lead in the third minute of injury time. The midfielder caught Parry off his line to rocket a powerful shot into the empty net.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.