Clyde 1-3 Dumbarton

The Bully Wee got off to a nightmare start at Broadwood today, with Dumbarton scoring three goals in the opening 21 minutes as they claimed all three points.

Danny Lennon was forced into two changes, with Conrad Balatoni and Morgaro Gomis replacing Scott Rumsby and Aaron Splaine.

The visitors took an early lead in the 8th minute, when Ross MacLean picked up the ball and drove forward, before letting fly from outside the box. His effort looked to have been covered by Neil Parry, but it beat the ‘keeper and ended up in the net.

Jonathan Page then saw his header on target from a corner nodded behind by a defender, before The Sons doubled their advantage with 19 minutes on the clock. Stuart Carswell played a one-two with Conner Duthie, before controlling the ball and drilling a low shot into the bottom corner.

A third goal was added just a couple of minutes later. Clyde failed to clear their lines at a corner, and the ball fell to MacLean who prodded home from a few yards out.

At the other end Lewis Jamieson tried his luck from distance with a powerful strike which Kieran Wright had to tip onto the crossbar.

The Bully Wee did pull a goal back through Robert Jones, when he received Jamieson’s pass in the box and curled an effort beyond Wright and in off the post.

Dumbarton had good chances to increase their lead in the remaining minutes of the first half through Gregg Wylde and Paul Paton but neither could find the target.

There was very little action in the second half to report until the last couple of minutes. Clyde finished the match with ten men when Jamieson picked up two yellow cards for dissent and a subsequent red within a matter of seconds.

Gregory Tade then had an opportunity for a consolation deep into stoppage time after getting on Jones’ flick on, but he was unable to get much power behind his shot and Wright blocked it.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.