Clyde 2-5 Arbroath

The Bully Wee suffered a home defeat to Arbroath today, as the early dismissal of Brian McQueen proved to be a decisive factor in the match.

With David Sinclair and Craig Halkett out injured and Ryan Frances suspended, Barry Ferguson made some changes to the side with David Marsh and Brian McQueen returning. Recent signing Craig McLeish was also given a debut in midfield, with fellow new addition Euan Murray named on the bench.

The opening period of the match saw Clyde well on top. Euan Smith could have scored with a header from close range and Andy Gibson was unlucky to see his free-kick hit the outside of the post.

However, against the run of play, the visitors took the lead when Paul McManus found space in the box and converted with his head.

Things got worse for Clyde when, after just 28 minutes, McQueen (pictured) was shown a second of two soft yellow cards and ordered off by referee Mike Taylor. That led to Murray making an earlier than expected debut, replacing McLeish to fill the defensive gap left by McQueen.

A superb free-kick by Scott Ferguson made the scores level, but minutes later Scott McBride put Arbroath in front again when he forced the ball past Jamie Barclay from close range.

Just before half-time, Ferguson got his second equaliser of the match, stooping to head home from Andy Gibson’s right wing cross.

Early in the second half, Smith had another chance but his shot was blocked at the edge of the box.

The Bully Wee’s ten men continued to compete with the scores level until the 68th minute, when Dylan Carreiro was able to find space at the edge of the box and blast a fine shot into the roof of the net.

As Clyde pushed to get back into the match, The Red Lichties scored a further two goals in quick succession to secure the victory, with Carreiro catching out Barclay at his near post and Simon Murray volleying home to complete a sharp counter-attack.

The result leaves Clyde at the foot of League Two, but with a match in hand against Montrose which takes place at Broadwood on Tuesday night.

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, don’t forget to vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.

HALF-TIME DRAW WINNING NUMBERS: 1st 2445 (cash prize), 2nd 2439 (£25 voucher), 3rd 3487 (signed ball)