Homesbook Factoring McGouldrick's Pool and Sports Bar

Clyde 3-3 Berwick Rangers

Clyde produced a dramatic late comeback to grab a share of the points in today’s League Two match at Broadwood.

Jim Duffy made one change to the team that beat East Stirling last week, with Giuseppe Capuano coming in for Stef McCluskey, who was missing through illness.

Berwick came into the match on a high, with two wins and seven goals since the appointment of Colin Cameron as player-manager, and they immediately continued that form as they took control of proceedings with a very early goal. A good delivery into the box caused problems for the Clyde defence and Mick Dunlop got a touch from close range to divert the ball into the net.

The situation got worse for The Bully Wee when another free-kick – this time low into the box – was completely missed by John Sweeney and several others, before trundling past a seemingly unsighted Jamie Barclay. Josh Morris was credited with the goal.

After 37 minutes, Clyde got back into the game when Kieran MacDonald’s excellent delivery found Michael Daly and the striker put a fine header into the bottom corner of the net.

However, only seconds later, The Wee Gers restored their two-goal advantage when Lee Currie was given space in the box and he scored with yet another header.

At half-time, defender Iain Gray had to be substituted due to a head knock and he was replaced by youth academy forward Jack Currie, as Jim Duffy opted for more presence in attack.

Barclay kept Clyde in the match with a good low save, before a superb goal ensured a frantic end to the contest. MacDonald burst away from defence on a counter attack and found Scott Ferguson, who cut inside his man and scored with a terrific shot from 20 yards.

Steven Notman was then given a second yellow card for a rash tackle on Stuart McColm, leaving the visitors with ten men and ten minutes to hold onto their single-goal lead.

Following a corner, the home supporters were off their feet to celebrate an equaliser when Brian McQueen found the net from close range but the referee disallowed the goal for an offence that was hard to spot.

However, with only seconds remaining on the clock, McQueen’s perseverance paid off as a long ball into the box by Barclay dropped at his feet and he lashed a shot into the roof of the net (pictured) to complete a gutsy comeback for The Bully Wee. 

If you were at today’s match and are a CIC owner with a website account, don’t forget to vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.

HALF-TIME DRAW WINNING NUMBERS: 1st AVST David Denholm (cash prize), 2nd 4262 (£25 voucher), 3rd 4266 (signed ball)