Club Insight

Sustaining – Succeeding – Together

The latest updates are shown below, to view previous entries use the menu on the right of the page.

Thursday, 20th April 2017 9:13am

Club directors are today meeting with our kit supplier, Only Sport Ltd, to finalise playing kit arrangements for next Season.

A meeting is also being held with the affiliated under-17s boys club, to discuss strategy for next season.

Wednesday, 19th April 2017 2:01pm

The club responded to request from Police Scotland today regarding our match with Forfar. This is a standard request and with relevant info given prior to each away fixture, as follows:-

1. Estimate of travelling support
2. Any supporters coaches and/or minibuses making the trip
3. Any previous issues with opposition
4. Any other factors Police Scotland should be aware of

Previous matches between the opposition and recent games are taken in to consideration by the Police as they plan ahead.

Thursday, 13th April 2017 7:34pm

Yesterday, club officials met with Glasgow Life to discuss potential location sites within their area.

Thursday, 30th March 2017 8:14pm

SPFL Membership

SPFL Membership Criteria for all SPFL Clubs, Scottish Highland Football League Clubs, Scottish Lowland Football League Clubs issued for season 2017/18 and this highlights changes in regulations from 2015/16.
Information requires to be noted and where necessary implemented to ensure no breach occurs. The appropriate data and evidence will be collated and forwarded to the SPFL. The information included direction on; regulations in regard to synthetic pitches, unacceptable conduct, financial fair play, winter pitch protection, stadium requirements.

Key dates for compliance:-

31 March 2017 – the date by which the Financial Disclosure Requirements (Appendix 3 of the SPFL Rules) must be complied with by Clubs and Candidate Club.

31 March 2017 – the date on which the ground which a Club or Candidate Club intends to Register as its Home Ground for Season 2017/2018 is required to meet the SPFL Membership Criteria relating to stadia in Rule D4.4.

31 March 2017 – the last date for the making to the SPFL of an application for approval of a basis of tenure or occupation, other than ownership, in relation to a Clubs’ and the Candidate Club’s prospective Registered Ground for Season 2017/2018.

31 March 2017 - the last date for making an application to the SPFL for a waiver, relaxation or period of grace by Clubs and the Candidate Club in relation to all or any part of the Membership Criteria for Season 2017/2018.

31 March 2017 – the last date for the making to the SPFL of an application by Clubs and the Candidate Club for approval of the use of a specified synthetic or artificial playing surface and pitch in League Matches and Play-Off Match for Season 2017/2018.

1 June 2017 – the last date for registration or deemed registration with the SPFL of a Clubs’ or the Candidate Club’s Home Ground for Season 2017/2018.

Wednesday, 29th March 2017 10:38am

Supporter Liaison Officer
Discussions are being held with Supporters Direct - this role is being promoted by the football authorities with presentations being held to clubs to encourage the development of this specific role in Scotland.

Events Management
Discussion and meetings have been held with volunteers to look at enhancing how club manages and delivers events to improve income generation. This includes looking at a potential role for the Foundation.

Community Foundation
Meetings have been held to ensure continued sustainability of Foundation activities as the Carbon Clyde project finishes. Activities include a new Easter Camp programme at Stepps, which has had an encouraging take up. Junior Academy, Pre-School and After School programmes continue with additional programmes in the pipeline.

NLL
The quarterly meeting was held with the Chief Executive of NLL.

Tuesday, 28th March 2017 12:15pm

Management Team

Meetings are being held on a regular basis with management team to provide necessary support and guidance in new roles, with our new chairman being a regular visitor to the training ground.
With the departure of the backroom team there has been considerable work to identify new staff to ensure appropriate first team support is in place. This has included recruitment of new physiotherapist support and identification of a new kit manager.
Discussions have also taken place regarding player registration deadline procedures for both loan and trialist players.

General Manager

Development of a post to assume responsibility for ensuring the efficient delivery of day-to-day operations of the football club, giving priority to line management of support staff and being lead contact for stadium management issues including safety officer duties and matchday matters. The post will also be the lead in ensuring compliance with SFA National Club Licensing and oversee the delivery of specific projects as directed by the board.

Under-20s

Discussions ongoing into sustainability and integration of under-20s model.

Strict Liability

SPFL Response to James Dornan MSP | Football (Strict Liability) (Scotland) Bill Consultation was received and supported by the club.

Monday, 13th March 2017 12:03pm

Various activities have taken place over the last few days and other items confirmed for the near future:-

Regular meetings are being held with the new management team as Jon Paul and Peter settle into the roles. In addition to arrangements for the first team squad, work has been ongoing to confirm training arrangements and potential additions to backroom support including kit management, physiotherapy and goalkeeping.

SFA Data Sharing Agreement: Paperwork completed and submitted to SFA to ensure compliance with Child Protection policies

SPFL Club Meeting: Regular Meeting held and attended. Main items for discussion included:

- The impact of minimum wage legislation. The club will be required to review previous salary payments and factor in legislation to any future budgets this includes travel time.
- The impact of strict liability proposal by James Dornan MSP. The club will prepare and submit a response to the consultation.
- The impact of Project Brave: Discussion about the potential inclusion of Colts teams in SFL League structure and future of development leagues.

The club will have a representative at a full day Supporter Liaison Officer meeting, to be held at McDiarmid Stadium, Perth on Thursday 23rd March.

Wednesday, 1st March 2017 8:19am

The club's hospitality manager has this week completed mandatory alcohol service training. Three more volunteers will also take the training course this week, allowing Clyde to directly run the third floor bar on home matchdays.

Monday, 27th February 2017 6:01pm

The monthly Board meeting takes place tonight and will review the situation regarding the vacant managerial position.
Meanwhile, assistant manager Bob Malcolm will take charge of the team for tomorrow night’s game against Montrose.

Thursday, 23rd February 2017 4:58pm

Assistant manager, Bob Malcolm was unable to attend a disciplinary tribunal meeting today due to road conditions. The SFA agreed to postpone the hearing until the 2nd March.