Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1-3 East Fife

Sat, 20th Mar 2021 8:21pm

The Bully Wee returned to action today for the first time since Boxing Day, but turned in a disappointing performance against East Fife.

Danny Lennon handed starting debuts to three of his recent signings; Lewis Jamieson, Michael McGlinchey and Jack Thomson.

The opening half was a very scrappy affair but the Fifers broke the deadlock four minutes before the interval when Nathan Austin was on the end of a through ball, and had time to slot past David Mitchell. 

Clyde's first opportunity came in stoppage time but Jamieson was unable to find David Goodwillie in the middle of the goal area with an attempted cutback, which was cleared behind for a corner. 

Liam Watt came close early in the second half but he sent a curling effort from distance just past the post, and moments later Goodwillie found himself through on goal. The Clyde captain appeared to be clipped by Chris Higgins as he struggled to maintain his balance, but stayed on his feet and got a shot away. Subsequent appeals for a penalty were turned down by referee Chris Graham.

East Fife doubled their advantage in the 56th minute. A corner was floated into the box, and Danny Denholm sent a looping header over the stretch of Mitchell.

The visitors sealed the points midway through the half after Ryan Wallace was given a free header in the middle of the box, and directed it into the back of the net.

The Bully Wee netted a consolation in the final minute when Josh Jack found Goodwillie with a cross-field ball. He turned inside Higgins and finished with his left foot past Brett Long.

Clyde should have scored again seconds later when Goodwillie played a quick-free kick to Ross Cunningham yards out, but he fired his shot straight at Long. 

If you watched today's match and are a CIC owner with a website account, you can vote for your top three performers in the Man of the Match vote.

Pictures by Craig Black