Following the recent announcements regarding the club’s season ticket packages, Clyde director Bobby Gracey spoke to the official website to discuss one of them in more detail; the Executive Club.
“The Executive section of the club remains strong and membership sits at around 40 including adults and concessions,” Bobby said.
“Whilst this is a healthy number, there is always room for improvement. With this in mind, we have appointed long-term supporter and Executive Club member Tommy Smith to act as its co-ordinator. Tommy with work closely with myself and commercial director, Gary Ballantyne.
“Tommy has clear views on what needs to be done and he will endeavour to provide value for existing Executive members, whilst working hard to attract new members. With the additional revenue delivered from the Executive membership, and their access to the wider business community, this is a very important area of the club.”
A 2013-14 Executive Club membership includes:-
- Formal welcome letter from Clyde FC
- Two extra match vouchers to be used at Members’ discretion
- Specially allocated car parking
- Specially allocated seating area
- Half-time snacks including tea, pies and sandwiches
- Access to payable bar prior to and after match
- Matchday programme
- Bring a guest for £20 per game to enjoy the same benefits on the day
- Enjoy twice a season lunch with your fellow members at reduced rates. Usually held in the Broadwood Suite during the festive period and at the last home match of the season
- Executives Player of the Year award
- The chance to present Man of the Match awards throughout the season and have your picture taken for the programme as a souvenir
- Exclusive club tie
Bobby continued: “Like the traditional Clyde season tickets, there is a price freeze from last season and we hope this decision will encourage early renewals as we build up our squad in anticipation of the new campaign. I would encourage anyone who can afford to buy an Executive season ticket to do so as increasing our revenues in this way enables us to immediately reinvest into the football departments of the club.
“The purchasing of all levels of season ticket is so important to the club, as it enables us to better manage our finances and cash flow throughout the season.
“Finally, I would like to put on record the club’s thanks to all of our existing Executive Club members and I look forward to meeting them all when the season kicks-off.”
Bobby can be reached via e-mail at [email protected] for more information on the Executive Club.
Online sales are available now by visiting the Online Shop.