Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 2 v 1 Annan Athletic

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Tuesday, 22nd March 2016
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 533
Referee: S Reid
Annan Athletic


Clyde   Annan Athletic
(40) Gormley Flynn (78)
(48) McGovern  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Annan Athletic
Waters Hart
(45) Bolochoweckyj Black
M McLaughlin Swinglehurst (67)
Smith McNiff
Durie Watson
Millen Cuddihy
Linton Jago (60)
McGovern Flynn
S McLaughlin Weatherson
(39) S Higgins Todd
Gormley Guy (60)
(45) Andrews Osadolar (60)
McMillan Currie
Glackin McStay
Brisbane McColm (67)
(39) Watson Omar (60)
Gemmell Park

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee moved to within touching distance of Ladbrokes League 2 leaders East Fife this evening, thanks to a fine 2-1 over Annan Athletic at Broadwood.

Barry Ferguson made one change to the team following Saturday's win at East Stirling, with Mark McLaughlin coming in for the suspended David Marsh in defence.

From the early stages, Clyde looked to take the game to Annan and Chris Smith's header caused Jordan Hart problems, with the away 'keeper having to push the ball against the post to keep it out.

Towards the end of the first half, following a late tackle, Sean Higgins was forced to leave the field and he was replaced by Jamie Watson. The 21-year-old made an almost immediate impact when, after good work by Scott Durie, his turn and through ball allowed David Gormley to smash the ball into the net for an excellent opening goal.

Just before the break, the lead could have been doubled when Watson wriggled free on the edge of the box, but his low cross couldn't be converted by Durie or Scott McLaughlin.

Shortly after half-time though, it was 2-0 to The Bully Wee. A corner from the left was cleared to the edge of the box and JP McGovern notched his first goal for the club with a fantastic strike that went in off the underside of the bar.

As the visitors started to throw caution to the wind, Matthew Flynn's cross was met by Peter Weatherson at the back post, but he couldn't direct his volley towards goal.

There was a chance for the match to be dead and buried when Gormley appeared to be pulled down in the box, but the referee and his assistant decided not to award a penalty.

After 78 minutes, The Galabankies gave themselves a lifeline as Smart Osadolor laid the ball off for Flynn to score from inside the box.

However, Clyde held firm in the closing stages to register a fourth win in succession and set up a hugely exciting end to the 2015-16 season.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights