Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Montrose 2 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Links Park
Date: Saturday, 23rd January 2016
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 499
Referee: C Napier


Montrose   Clyde
(45) Trialist M McLaughlin (22)
(76) Mallagaray  

Hide Line-ups

Montrose   Clyde
Millar Gibson
(75) Harwood Durie (80)
Ferguson Linton
Comrie M McLaughlin Yellow Card
Pascazio Bolochoweckyj Red Card
Steeves Smith
Webster S McLaughlin
Trialist Gormley
Fraser S Higgins (60)
Yellow Card Campbell Ferguson
Mallagaray McGovern
Kenneth Marsh (60)
Wood McMillan
(75) Templeman Brisbane
McLeod Mitchell
Milne Andrews
Hester Campbell
McWilliam Watson (80)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee lost out at Montrose this afternoon after playing with ten men for the majority of an incident-packed match.

Barry Ferguson made one change to the team that faced Queen’s Park in the club’s last outing three weeks ago, with Sean Higgins coming in for David Marsh.

Clyde started the match well and Scott McLaughlin could have done better with a shot from the edge of the box, before Mark McLaughlin's header was cleared off the line.

However, a Montrose breakaway led to a game-changing moment. As the home side advanced into the Clyde box, Michael Bolochoweckyj was adjudged to have tripped Ross Campbell as he moved to get on the end of a low cross. The referee awarded a penalty and, more debatably, decided to show Bolochoweckyj a red card. Gary Fraser's spot kick was then superbly kept out by John Gibson.

In a further twist, The Bully Wee then took the lead as Mark McLaughlin bundled the ball over the line, following a corner from Scott Linton.

Continuing his good form, Gibson pulled off another impressive save to deny Ross Campbell in a one-on-one situation.

Deep into first half injury time, and after a hotly disputed corner award, The Gable Endies grabbed an equaliser as a subsequent corner was only partially cleared and the ball was slammed into the roof of the net by Montrose's midfield trialist.

Early in the second half, Scott Ferguson found some space in the box but his shot was blocked before it reached goal.

After 56 minutes, referee Craig Napier continued to create debate amongst both home and away supporters when he awarded Clyde a very soft penalty, for a challenge on Sean Higgins at the edge of the box. Linton stepped up, but hit the outside of the post with his shot.

Minutes later, David Gormley also had an excellent chance to restore Clyde's lead when he was put through on goal, but his low shot was well saved by Jordan Millar.

The Bully Wee were punished for those missed chances as, with 76 minutes on the clock, Adrian Mallagaray ran onto a weighted pass to the edge of the box and found the bottom corner of the net, which proved to be the winning goal.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights