Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

East Stirlingshire 0 v 3 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Ochilview
Date: Tuesday, 8th March 2016
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 326
Referee: G Ross
East Stirlingshire


East Stirlingshire   Clyde
  Marsh (45)
  S Higgins (62)
  Durie (74)

Hide Line-ups

East Stirlingshire   Clyde
Barnard Waters
Kinnaird Durie
Yellow Card Donaldson Linton
Greene Millen (81) Yellow Card
Yellow Card Fisher M McLaughlin
Yellow Card Yellow Card Trialist Smith
(82) Orr Marsh
Faulds S McLaughlin
(78) Russell McGovern
McKenna Gormley (83)
McMullin S Higgins (75)
(78) Kay Gemmell (75)
Dolan Gibson
Lynas Glackin (81)
Cairnie Slane (83)
(82) McMillan Andrews
Wallace Watson

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee secured an important three points in the Ladbrokes League 2 promotion battle this evening, with goals from David Marsh, Sean Higgins and Scott Durie earning a victory at Ochilview.

Barry Ferguson made one change to the team following Saturday's match at Annan, with David Gormley returning after suspension to take the place of Marvin Andrews.

Clyde started the match brightly and threatened to take an early lead through Scott Linton - whose shot was saved - and Ross Millen - whose deflected effort went wide of the post.

However, the home side did compete throughout the first half and Thomas Orr should have done better with a turn and shot from inside the box, but he blazed the ball over the bar.

Back at the other end, Gormley's long-range effort was tipped over by Richie Barnard, before the home 'keeper somehow clawed out Chris Smith's header as it looked to be creeping into the bottom corner.

On the stroke of half-time, a free-kick into the home penalty area was only partially cleared and, after the ball was floated back into the area from the right wing, Marsh rose to head the ball into the net.

As expected, The Shire went in search of an equaliser after the break and Marc Waters did well to push away Orr's effort, following a slip by Mark McLaughlin.

After 62 minutes, Clyde doubled the advantage as Higgins reacted well to acrobatically turn a bouncing ball into the corner of the net.

The result was then put beyond doubt when, following a period of Clyde possession, the ball was fed out to Durie on the right wing and he fired a low shot into the bottom corner of the net; his first goal for The Bully Wee.

That ended the match as a contest, but John Fraser - again featuring for East Stirling as a trialist - was sent off after receiving a second yellow card.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights