Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Berwick Rangers 0 v 5 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Shielfield Park
Date: Saturday, 21st November 2015
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 411
Referee: D Munro
Berwick Rangers


Berwick Rangers   Clyde
  Gormley (22)
  Gormley (50)
  Linton (58)
  Gormley (82)
  Gormley (84)

Hide Line-ups

Berwick Rangers   Clyde
Walker Gibson
McNeil Durie (85)
Yellow Card Halkett Linton
Fairbairn M McLaughlin
Beveridge Bolochoweckyj
Banjo Smith
Notman S McLaughlin
(58) Graham Gormley
(71) McKenna Marsh (80)
Lavery Ferguson (78)
(70) Henderson McGovern
(70) Russell Murray (80)
Walters McMillan
(71) Morris Campbell (78)
(58) Drummond Brisbane
Coultress Capuano (85)
Graham Andrews
Wilson A Higgins

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee produced a superb away result in Ladbrokes League 2 this afternoon, with forward David Gormley creating a bit of club history in the process.

With Chris Mitchell suspended, Barry Ferguson gave Scott Durie his first start since a hernia operation and he also named under-20 squad member Fabio Capuano on the bench, with the young defender going on to make his debut late in the game.

Clyde started the match brightly and Scott Ferguson had the ball in the net early on, but the assistant referee raised his flag for offside.

However, a deserved opener arrived after 22 minutes. Scott Linton set up Gormley at the edge of the box and he found the target with a fine finish.

Berwick came close when Michael McKenna forced John Gibson into a good save, but at the other end Mark McLaughlin got on the end of a long throw by Linton and his header went just wide.

After the half-time break, Clyde soon notched a crucial second goal. Durie's ball over the top was collected by Gormley, who made no mistake from just inside the box.

With 58 minutes on the clock, a third goal arrived for The Bully Wee. Gormley capitalised on a defensive slip and, after taking his time, picked out Linton with a clipped cross. Linton duly obliged and headed home.

As the game entered the final ten minutes and with the three points secure, Gormley earned the right to take the match ball home by completing his hat-trick, drilling the ball in at the near post.

Less than two minutes later, Gormley rounded off a fantastic day with a fourth goal - becoming the first Clyde player since Danny Masterton in 1982 to achieve that feat in a competitive match.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights