Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Queen's Park 1 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Hampden Park
Date: Saturday, 31st October 2015
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 684
Referee: D Lowe
Queen's Park


Queen's Park   Clyde
(55) Carter S Higgins (35)

Hide Line-ups

Queen's Park   Clyde
Muir Gibson
Ralston Mitchell
Burns Bolochoweckyj
Berry Smith
McGeever M McLaughlin (60) Yellow Card
Gibson McGovern
Woods S McLaughlin
Yellow Card McKernon Marsh Yellow Card
(72) Carter S Higgins
(90) Galt Gormley (60)
(72) McLeish Brisbane (60)
(72) Duggan Ferguson
O'Boyle McMillan
(72) McElroy Campbell (60)
Wharton Linton (60)
Baty Andrews
(90) Bradley Murray
McVey Durie (60)

Hide Match Report

Today's Glasgow derby at the National Stadium ended in a draw, with the home side coming back after Sean Higgins' goal had given The Bully Wee a half-time lead.

Barry Ferguson made three changes to the team following last week's defeat at Formartine United, with Steven Brisbane, David Gormley and David Marsh coming in for Scott Ferguson, Archie Campbell and Scott Linton, with the latter struggling due to illness.

Gormley had the first chance of the match when his low shot was comfortably held by Spiders 'keeper Willie Muir, with John Gibson doing well to block Craig McLeish's close range effort at the other end.

Chances were at a premium throughout the first half but it was Clyde that took a lead into the break, thanks to Sean Higgins goal after 35 minutes. Good work by David Marsh in midfield led to the ball breaking to Gormley, who fed Higgins and the forward found the bottom corner of the net from just inside the box.

Queen's Park made a stronger start to the second half and made it 1-1 when Sean Burns cross from the left was well finished by a glancing header from John Carter.

Soon after the equaliser, Ryan McGeever missed a gilt-edged chance to give The Spiders the lead when his header missed the target from only a yard out.

As the end of the match approached, Clyde enjoyed a better spell again but Archie Campbell's shot was saved and Scott McLaughlin's free-kick drifted wide of the post before the final whistle was sounded.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights