Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 4 v 2 Annan Athletic

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 12th September 2015
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 506
Referee: A Newlands
Annan Athletic


Clyde   Annan Athletic
(5) Bolochoweckyj Flynn (24)
(15) Gormley Trialist (86)
pen. (33) Linton  
(81) Marsh  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Annan Athletic
Gibson Hart Yellow Card
Yellow Card Mitchell Black
(83) Bolochoweckyj Swinglehurst
Smith McNiff (90)
Linton Watson
McGovern Ferguson
S McLaughlin Omar (53)
Marsh Flynn Yellow Card
(83) Campbell McColm (67)
S Higgins Todd
Gormley Osadolor Yellow Card
(83) Ferguson Sloan
McMillan Currie
Brisbane McStay (53)
McQueen Park
Yellow Card (83) M McLaughlin McDonald (90)
Murray Norman
Lynass Trialist (67) Yellow Card

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee moved to joint top in the Ladbrokes League 2 table today, thanks to an excellent win over Annan Athletic at Broadwood.

Barry Ferguson named the same starting line-up that won at Arbroath last week, with Mark McLaughlin returning after injury to take a place on the bench.

Clyde took an early lead in the match when Archie Campbell's superb deep cross was met by Michael Bolochoweckyj, who headed the ball into the roof of the net.

The lead was then doubled with only 15 minutes on the clock, as David Gormley registered his first goal for the club with a fine header from Chris Mitchell's corner kick.

However, Annan came back into the match when Matthew Flynn found some space inside the box and put a curling shot past John Gibson to make it 2-1.

The two-goal lead was soon restored though, when Sean Higgins was fouled in the box as he tried to control a high ball. Scott Linton stepped to score from the spot and maintain his 100% record on penalty kicks.

The visitors looked to apply pressure in the second half but the Clyde defence held firm and there were more chances at the other end, with Higgins' shot - after superb build-up play by McGovern and Linton - just going wide and both Gormley and Marsh seeing their efforts cleared off the line.

Marsh did eventually get on the scoreline with ten minutes left to play though, as he capitalised on a goalkeeper error to find the net from close range.

Bryan Gilfillan, featuring for The Galabankies as a trialist, got a consolation goal before the match ended with a mass fracas which resulted in three players being booked.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights