Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Montrose 0 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Links Park
Date: Saturday, 25th April 2015
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 338
Referee: C Steven


Montrose   Clyde
  Marsh (52)

Hide Line-ups

Montrose   Clyde
McKenzie Martin
Masson Robb
Steeves Traynor Yellow Card
(62) McCord M McLaughlin
Moyes Fisher
Crawford Marsh
Yellow Card Johnstone Durie
Webster H Murray
Wood McQueen Yellow Card
Allan Pollock (71)
(62) Campbell McDougall (71)
Cameron Parker
McCafferty McMillan
(62) Watson S Ferguson (71)
Johnston O'Donnell
O'Neill D Gray
McIntosh Lynass
(62) Milne McManus (71)

Hide Match Report

A second half goal by David Marsh earned Clyde a League Two victory at Links Park this afternoon, in the penultimate match of the 2014-15 season.

Barry Ferguson made one change to the starting line-up following last week's defeat to Albion Rovers, with Jamie Pollock replacing Mark Roberts in the support role.

The majority of the first half was played in a lacklustre fashion, with the home side having the best two chances to take the lead. Garry Wood missed the target with only Alan Martin to beat and Ross Campbell also should have scored, but his header bounced down and over the bar.

The second half was a different affair, with Clyde in control throughout.

After 52 minutes, The Bully Wee opened the scoring when good work on the left wing by Ged Traynor led to Jamie Pollock setting up Marsh in the box and he finished well.

Substitute Scott McManus could have made things more comfortable but he was denied by a fine save by home 'keeper Stuart McKenzie and then failed to convert a header from close range.

A late rally by Montrose tested the Clyde defence, but there was no further scoring before the full-time whistle.

After the match, Clyde manager Barry Ferguson said: "We can play a lot better, but to get three points away from home is a good result. I was also pleased with the clean sheet, although their chances came from our own individual mistakes, which has been a problem all season.

"I thought we controlled the second half and should have put the game to bed sooner. We need to be more clinical in front of goal and the pressure we were put under in the last few minutes could have been avoided."