Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 0 Annan Athletic

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Tuesday, 3rd March 2015
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 402
Referee: M Roncone
Annan Athletic


Clyde   Annan Athletic
(45) Roberts  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Annan Athletic
Martin Hart
Yellow Card Durie Chisholm
Traynor Sloan (61)
(80) M McLaughlin McMiff
Marsh Watson Yellow Card
H Murray Black Yellow Card
(34) S Ferguson Andrew Mitchell
(16) S McLaughlin Logan
Parker Weatherston (73)
Yellow Card Roberts Todd Yellow Card
Slane Omar (80)
McDougall Breslin (80)
Barclay Alex Mitchell
(34) McQueen Cook
(16) O'Donnell Dickinson (73)
D Gray MacKay (61)
(80) Fisher Brown

Hide Match Report

Clyde's good run of form continued at Broadwood this evening, as Mark Roberts' first goal for the club secured a well deserved victory over Annan Athletic.

Barry Ferguson made one change to the team following Saturday's match against Montrose, with Roberts replacing Steven McDougall in the support role.

Clyde suffered an early setback when Scott McLaughlin landed awkwardly and was forced to leave the field on a stretcher, with the midfielder later confirmed as having a broken arm. He was replaced by Stephen O'Donnell.

The first clear-cut chance of the match was created by the visitors, with Rabin Omar's header forcing Alan Martin into a good reflex save.

The Bully Wee were soon forced into another substitution, with Scott Ferguson also being carried off the pitch after a late tackle injured the winger's knee. Brian McQueen was introduced to the action in his place, as Barry Ferguson shuffled his attacking options.

Despite the enforced changes, Clyde finished the first half strongly and, after a scramble in the box, Mark McLaughlin forced Jordan Hart into an excellent save from close range.

However, during a lengthy injury time period before the break, Roberts capitalised on fine set up work by Paul Slane - assisted by a surprise decoy run by centre half McLaughlin - to head Clyde into the lead.

The second half was largely dominated by The Bully Wee and Roberts missed a glorious chance to get his second goal when he failed to connect with a cross from the left wing.

Keigan Parker and Scott Durie both hit the woodwork in the closing stages, with Annan's best attempt to equalise coming from a wayward free-kick by Andrew Mitchell.

The full-time score of 1-0 moved Clyde into sixth place in the League Two table, as Annan dropped to fifth.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips