Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Elgin City 2 v 0 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Borough Briggs
Date: Tuesday, 10th March 2015
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 403
Referee: G Ross
Elgin City


Elgin City   Clyde
(11) McHardy  
(83) Cameron  

Hide Line-ups

Elgin City   Clyde
Laidlaw Martin
Cooper Durie
McHardy Traynor
Gilchrist Fisher (46)
Duff Marsh Yellow Card
Yellow Card Nicolson H Murray
(90) Thomson Parker
(73) Moore O'Donnell (81)
(77) Gunn McQueen
Sutherland D Gray
Cameron Slane (21)
(77) Reid Roberts (46)
Black Barclay
(90) Wyness McDougall (21) Yellow Card Yellow Card
(73) MacPhee McGhee
Finlayson Lynass
McKenzie McManus (81)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee's unbeaten run came to an end this evening, courtesy of a two-goal defeat to Elgin City in League Two.

Barry Ferguson made two changes to the team following Saturday's match against East Stirling, with Ross Fisher replacing the injured Mark McLaughlin and David Gray coming in for Mark Roberts.

Elgin started brightly, with right winger Craig Thomson in particular causing the Clyde defence problems. The hosts also looked dangerous from set pieces and they opened the scoring from one in the 11th minute. The Bully Wee defence failed to properly clear an Elgin corner, allowing Darryl McHardy to prod the ball into the back of Alan Martin's net.

Clyde were dealt a further blow just minutes later as Paul Slane hobbled straight down the tunnel with an injury, being replaced by Steven McDougall. 

Clyde began to grow into the game but, despite enjoying plenty of possession, Barry Ferguson's men struggled to create any clear chances. Right back Scott Durie went closest with a stunning effort from 30 yards which Elgin keeper Ross Laidlaw did well to tip over the bar. 

The injury curse of recent weeks then hit again as Fisher had to be taken off at half-time with a broken nose. Mark Roberts came off the bench, as Brian McQueen switched to a defensive position.

The second half followed a similar pattern, with Clyde enjoying plenty possession but unable to break down the Elgin defence.

With just seven minutes to go Brian Cameron ended the match as a contest with an effort from 20 yards, that cruelly deflected beyond Martin. 

A minute later, substitute McDougall was sent off for a second booking to round off a disappointing evening for the small band of travelling supporters, as Clyde's sixth straight defeat at Borough Briggs was confirmed.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips