Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Berwick Rangers 4 v 0 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Shielfield Park
Date: Saturday, 6th December 2014
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 407
Referee: A Newlands
Berwick Rangers


Berwick Rangers   Clyde
(27) Russell  
(47) L Currie  
(64) Willis  
(84) Gray  

Hide Line-ups

Berwick Rangers   Clyde
Andrews Martin Yellow Card
Jacobs Durie
Hoskins McIlduff (65)
Notman Halkett
Yellow Card Young Marsh Yellow Card
Fairburn I Gray
Willis D Gray (46)
(73) L Currie O'Donnell Yellow Card
Russell McManus
(68) Gold Smith
(78) Lavery Watt (65)
Dargo S Ferguson (65)
Bald Barclay
Dalziel E Murray
(73) Maxwell McGhee
Drummond McBrearty (46) Yellow Card Yellow Card
(78) Gray Daly (65)
(68) P Currie Sinclair

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee suffered a heavy defeat at Shielfield Park this afternoon, as Berwick eased to three points towards their League Two campaign.

Following the defeat to Queen's Park last week, Barry Ferguson added Aidan McIlduff, Craig Halkett, David Gray and Kevin Watt to the starting line-up.

Clyde started the match strongly and Scott McManus and Kevin Watt both missed chances to score. However, against the run of play the home side took the lead when Andrew Russell found space at the edge of the box and fired a shot passed Alan Martin.

Martin was again involved in the action just before half-time when he was adjudged to have conceded a penalty, but the 'keeper got up to pull off a fine save from Lee Currie's spot kick.

Under-20 squad member Ciaran McBrearty was handed a club debut by replacing David Gray at the break, but his introduction didn't last long as he picked up a second yellow card just 15 minutes later and was dismissed from the field.

During that time, The Wee Gers had doubled their lead when a cross from the left was poorly defended by Clyde, allowing Lee Currie to easily score.

The closing stages of the match saw Berwick in complete control and they deservedly added another two goals before the full-time whistle; through Paul Willis' deflected shot and Ross Gray's tap-in, after a scramble in the box.