Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 0 v 2 Queen's Park

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 29th November 2014
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 589
Referee: D Robertson
Queen's Park


Clyde   Queen's Park
  Rooney (4)
  Fraser (66)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Queen's Park
Martin Muir
McGhee Rooney
Durie Gallacher
Marsh Slattery
(46) McQueen Quinn
I Gray Wharten
Yellow Card S Ferguson Woods (88)
O'Donnell Miller
Daly Carter
(69) Smith Fraser (90)
McManus McIlroy (84)
Sinclair McPherson
Barclay George
Yellow Card (46) D Gray Burns (84)
McLeish Mitchell
McIlduff Fotheringham (88)
(69) E Murray McWilliams
Watt Wylie (90)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee suffered a derby defeat to Queen's Park at Broadwood this afternoon, as The Spiders scored a goal in each half to move into second place in League Two.

Following a lengthy absence due to a foot injury, Iain Gray returned to the side in midfield and he was joined by David Marsh and Scott McManus in the starting line-up.

However, it was the visitors who took the early initiative in the match by scoring after just four minutes. Shaun Rooney took full advantage of a dangerous corner delivery and headed home at the near post.

As Clyde tried to get back on level terms, McManus forced Willie Muir into a low save and Stephen O'Donnell's shot went just wide of the post.

At the other end, Alan Martin pulled off a superb save to divert Darren Miller's free-kick off target.

As the second half progressed, The Bully Wee looked the stronger team and Michael Daly twice came close to getting an equaliser. The striker had the ball in the net but was ruled offside and then, a few minutes later, saw his header cleared off the line.

Martin was in action again to stop Ciaran McIlroy's close range header finding the net but Queen's did get a second goal on 66 minutes, with Shaun Fraser eventually forcing the ball home after a ball into the box led to an untidy ricochet.

There were chances for Clyde before the end, with Daly unable to control Euan Murray's pass and Murray then seeing his header bounce just over the bar.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights