Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 2 v 1 Elgin City

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 25th October 2014
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 419
Referee: G Salmond
Elgin City


Clyde   Elgin City
(29) Watt Nicolson (66)
(60) Watt  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Elgin City
Martin Fraser
Durie Finlayson
McIlduff McHardy (62)
McQueen Cooper
Yellow Card Frances Andrews
O'Donnell Nicolson (90) Yellow Card
D Gray Gunn
Smith MacPhee
McManus Cameron
(58) Sinclair Sutherland
(74) Watt Moore (64)
E Murray Beveridge (62)
Barclay Black
Daly McLean
(58) S Ferguson Duff
(74) McLeish MacEwan
Marsh Wyness (64)
Young Bayne (90)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee earned an important three points with a win over Elgin at Broadwood this afternoon, with Kevin Watt grabbing both goals.

With Andy Gibson joining Craig Halkett on the injured list, Barry Ferguson added David Sinclair to the starting line-up in the only change to the team that faced Albion Rovers last week.

Clyde were quick to take control of the match and continued to dominate play for the rest of the first half. Early chances fell to Scott McManus, who did well to work his way into the box but couldn't get a clean shot away, and Brian McQueen, who couldn't force the ball home after a scramble in the box.

The opening goal eventually arrived after half an hour, following a mistake by Elgin on the left wing. Scott Durie capitalised on it with a fine run and low cross, which Watt converted from close range.

The second half also started well for The Bully Wee and Watt got his second goal of the game on the hour mark. Euan Smith's header led to hesitation by Marvin Andrews, allowing McManus to force the ball towards goal and giving Watt the simplest of tasks from a yard out.

Elgin had rarely threatened to that point but quickly got back into the match when Clyde substitute Scott Ferguson lost possession in midfield and, after Alan Martin saved a low shot, Mark Nicolson found the bottom corner of the net.

There were chances for Clyde to put the game to bed, with Stephen O'Donnell's long range effort testing Michael Fraser and Durie's powerful drive being blocked before it could reach the target.

The closest Elgin came to an equaliser was when Nicolson's effort, following a corner, drifted wide of the post.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights