Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Stranraer 4 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish Cup
Venue: Stair Park
Date: Tuesday, 10th December 2013
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 454
Referee: A Muir


Stranraer   Clyde
(60) Stirling Watt (54)
(61) McKeown  
(88) Longworth  
(90) Grehan  

Hide Line-ups

Stranraer   Clyde
Mitchell Rajovic
Robertson Brown
Docherty MacDonald
Rumsby Gray
McKeown McQueen
Aitken Frances
(65) Borris Capuano (82)
Gallagher Sweeney (76)
(55) McKenna Daly
(89) Longworth McCluskey (68)
Stirling Watt
(65) Winter Ferguson (68)
(55) Grehan MacBeth (82)
McGregor Marsh
Kinnaird Dickie
Bell Scullion (76)
(89) Forde

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee's William Hill Scottish Cup campaign came to an end this evening, as Stranraer came from behind to progress to the Fifth Round.

There were four changes to the Clyde team that faced Peterhead on Saturday, with Ryan Frances, Gavin Brown, Michael Daly and Kevin Watt all added to the starting line-up.

With both sides having to deal with a swirling wind at Stair Park, the first half ended goalless although both teams hit the woodwork before the break. Jamie Longworth struck a post from the edge of the box, before John Sweeney found the frame of the goal following a fine team move.

Early in the second half, Clyde took the lead when Kevin Watt latched onto Kieran MacDonald's pass and finished well from 20 yards out.

However, not long after that goal the match was completely changed during a 60-second spell as the hosts grabbed two goals. Andrew Stirling scored the first, with Frank McKeown reacting quickly to a loose ball to fire home the second.

That gave The Blues a lot of confidence and they could have added to their lead before two late goals put a slightly unfair reflection on the scoreline. As Clyde pushed men forward in search of an equaliser, Longworth and Grehan took advantage of the extra space to clinch Stranraer's place in the next round.

Video Highlights

Video Highlights