Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 4 v 0 Albion Rovers

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 26th April 2014
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 620
Referee: C Steven
Albion Rovers


Clyde   Albion Rovers
(24) McCluskey  
(54) Daly  
(62) Sweeney  
(90) Watt  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Albion Rovers
Barclay McGinley
McGhee Reid
McKinnon Tiffney (74)
Scullion Flood
Marsh Kennedy
McQueen C Donnelly
(82) Ferguson Cusack
Sweeney Chaplain
Daly R Donnelly
(71) McCluskey Walker
(66) Young Phillips
Frances McGuigan (74)
Rajovic M Dunlop
(66) Watt R Dunlop
Capuano Dallas
(82) Janczyk Crawford
(71) Gray

Hide Match Report

A convincing victory over Albion Rovers secured a play-off spot for Clyde this afternoon, ahead of the final match of the League Two season.

With Stuart McColm unavailable, Jim Duffy awarded Gordon Young his first start for the club in an otherwise unchanged side following last week's win at Montrose.

The visitors started the match well and, after Pat Walker hit the post, they had the ball in the net but an offside call prevented the goal from standing.

After 24 minutes, a Clyde goal helped to settle the nerves of everyone inside Broadwood. Scott Ferguson's fine run and cross gave Stef McCluskey an easy chance to score at the back post and the striker made no mistake.

Early in the second half, Michael Daly grabbed the all-important second goal with a fine header from a McCluskey cross.

A third goal just after the hour mark put The Bully Wee in complete command of the match. McCluskey found space on the right wing and his cross found its way to John Sweeney, who managed to turn and prod the ball into the net from close range.

Liam Cusack then missed a great chance for Albion, before substitute Kevin Watt made the scoreline more emphatic in the last minute with a lovely finish from the edge of the box.

Clyde's only disappointing element of the match was McCluskey's departure from the pitch on a stretcher due to a neck injury, however following hospital checks he was able to return home and his condition will be assessed further during the week.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights