Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 0 v 2 Peterhead

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 12th April 2014
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 534
Referee: R Milne


Clyde   Peterhead
  Rodgers (29)
  McAllister (69)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Peterhead
Barclay Smith
McGhee Sharp
MacDonald Noble Yellow Card
(79) Janczyk Brown
Yellow Card (77) Marsh Ross
McQueen Cowie
Ferguson Rodgers (71)
Sweeney Redman
(68) Scullion McAllister (79)
McCluskey Gilfillan (58)
McColm Strachan
(68) Daly McLaren (71)
Rajovic Jarvie
(77) Frances McCann (58)
McKinnon Smith (79)
Young Richardson
(79) Capuano Low
MacBeth Cox

Hide Match Report

Peterhead clinched the 2013-14 League Two title at Broadwood this afternoon, as Clyde's play-off hopes took a dent.

Jim Duffy made two changes to the side following last week, with fit again Brian McQueen returning and Pat Scullion replacing Michael Daly.

The Bully Wee ended up a goal behind at half-time and that was a harsh reflection of the general play during the first half. Stuart McColm's surging run and cross presented a great chance to Scott Ferguson, but his effort was cleared off the line. McColm also came close with a shot from the edge of the box that away 'keeper Graeme Smith just managed to tip wide of the post.

However, in between those chances, The Blue Toon took the lead when Andy Rodgers low shot found its way through a couple of Clyde defenders and caught out Jamie Barclay.

Early in the second half, Rodgers had a great chance to double his team's lead but his attempted lob found the arms of Barclay.

Clyde then started to take control of the match again and McColm's cross from the left reached Scullion, but the forward couldn't make a clean connection with the ball to convert the chance.

Against the run of the play, Peterhead scored another soft goal as Rory McAllister's long range effort beat Barclay and found the corner of the net.

That seemed to knock the stuffing out of Clyde and only a late penalty award threatened the visitors celebrations, but Kieran MacDonald's spot kick was easily stopped by Smith.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights