Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish Championship
Venue: Caledonian Stadium
Date: Saturday, 13th April 2002
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,525
Referee: C Melville
Inverness Caledonian Thistle


Inverness Caledonian Thistle   Clyde
(89) MacDonald Fraser (78)

Hide Line-ups

Inverness Caledonian Thistle   Clyde
Walker Halliwell
Yellow Card Munro Potter
Mann McLaughlin
(77) Tokely Smith
McCaffrey Fraser Yellow Card
McBain Ross
Christie Hagen
Robson P Kane
(73) Bagan Keogh
Bavidge Hinds (46)
(66) Ritchie Millen
(73) Stewart Convery (46)
Calder Graham
(66) Wyness Crawford
(77) MacDonald Dunn

Hide Match Report

by Cameron Macdonald

Clyde again left fans disappointed after another poor performance in the Highlands. After 3 defeats in the north already this season the large travelling support was hopeful of securing a victory over an Inverness side still mathematically in danger of relegation. However in a pretty much uninspiring match a draw was about a fair result.

The game started poorly and it was not until the 25th minute when Martin Bavidge had an effort well saved by Halliwell that either keeper had anything to do. Bavidge then got in behind the defence but shot well wide from the edge of the area. David Bagan then tested Halliwell with a shot from 20 yards. The big Clyde keeper pushed the ball onto the bar and with the strikers rushing in for the rebound, reacted quickest to fist the ball to safety. Halftime was a welcome relief for the 1500 crowd as there was little else by way of excitement as a dull half drew to a close.

With Leigh Hinds feeling unwell Alan Kernaghan was forced to replace him with Stevie Convery. However as at home to Ayr a couple of weeks ago his introduction seemed to bring some urgency to his team mates. He was looking lively up front and combining with Keogh quite effectively. Keogh had the first real Clyde chance of the game when his shot was well kept out by Walker and then the ageing Caley keeper seemed to let a Hagen shot from 30 yards slip through his hands but was relieved to see it just go over the bar. Convery was next to try his luck and was very unfortunate to see his lob just catch the top of the bar and go out for a goal kick.

After that initial flurry the game seemed to drift back to it's lack luster feel and a no scoring draw seemed to be on the cards until Bobby Mann intervened. The big defender missed a penalty earlier in the season at Broadwood and again made a hash of things. Strolling forward he released a misplaced pass which was intercepted by Fraser. As he strode forward, Mann came to challenge him but instead fell on his bottom and Fraser released Keogh on the left. The big striker took the ball to the byline and fired in a low cross which Fraser met and from 10 yards opened his account for Clyde. It was certainly deserved for he had been Clyde's best player on the day.

Caley tried to come back into the game but Clyde appeared to be holding out for victory until in the last minute Graeme Stuart sent over a hopeful looking ball which John Potter seemed to allow to go over his head. And young Neil Macdonald was there to give Caley a share of the points.