Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 2 v 2 Albion Rovers

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 21st December 2013
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 508
Referee: G Duncan
Albion Rovers


Clyde   Albion Rovers
(68) Daly Dunlop (45)
(73) Ferguson Cusack (53)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Albion Rovers
Rajovic Parry
Brown Reid
MacDonald Dunlop
Gray Russell
(58) Marsh Donnelly
McQueen Dunlop
(82) Ferguson Cusack
Sweeney Chaplain (75)
Yellow Card Scullion McGuigan
Watt Dallas (62)
(62) McColm Phillips
(58) McCluskey Crawford (75)
Shaw McGinley
(82) Frances Allan (62)
(62) Daly Flood
Dickie Maguire
Capuano Nicoll

Hide Match Report

Clyde battled back from two goals down to earn a draw in this afternoon's League Two match at Broadwood.

Despite some players taking part in a fitness test before the match, Jim Duffy was able to field the same side that defeated Montrose last weekend.

The play was largely even throughout the first half, with few chances at either end of the pitch. Scott Ferguson had Clyde's best chance when he got on the end of a terrific Stuart McColm cross, but Neil Parry pulled off a good save from close range. At the other end, Barry Russell put a low shot wide after Clyde had conceded possession in midfield.

On the stroke of half-time, the visitors took the lead. After a corner was cleared, a second cross into the box caught out the Clyde defence and Michael Dunlop was able to capitalise on a free header by finding the bottom corner of the net.

Things got worse for The Bully Wee shortly after the break. The Wee Rovers took advantage of a wrongly awarded throw-in, with ex-Clyde man Liam Cusack finishing well from the edge of the box.

However, two goals in the space of five minutes drew The Bully Wee level. The first came from substitute Michael Daly, who did well to get on the end of a Ferguson cross and flick the ball into the net. Ferguson was even more involved in the equaliser, expertly volleying the ball home from the edge of the box following a long throw by Gavin Brown.

Clyde survived a late scare when Iain Gray's pass to Nik Rajovic was intercepted by Rovers' substitute Jordan Allan, but he was forced wide and couldn't find an angle to get a shot towards the empty goal.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips