Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Montrose 0 v 2 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Links Park
Date: Saturday, 14th December 2013
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 410
Referee: G Duncan


Montrose   Clyde
  Watt (30)
  Ferguson (33)

Hide Line-ups

Montrose   Clyde
McKenzie Rajovic
McInally Brown Yellow Card
(83) McIntosh MacDonald
Campbell Gray
Johnston Marsh
Red Card McCord McQueen
Yellow Card Masson Ferguson
(60) Watson Sweeney
Yellow Card Johnstone Scullion
Deasley Watt
(67) Reid McColm (89)
(67) G Wood Daly
S Wood Shaw
(60) Webster Capuano (89)
Gray Frances
Bell Dickie
(83) Bonar

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee are back at the top of the League Two table this evening, after another fantastic away victory.

Following the midweek cup match against Stranraer, Jim Duffy made four changes to the Clyde team with David Marsh, Scott Ferguson, Pat Scullion and Stuart McColm all returning.

The match was played in horrible weather conditions throughout, with rain and a strong wind battering Links Park. Despite that, Clyde started the match well and looked the more likely to score. Kevin Watt had a great chance when he was put through on the 'keeper, but his shot was saved and Pat Scullion couldn't direct the rebound past a cluster of covering defenders.

However, an opening goal eventually arrived and it was Watt who made amends. Ferguson's corner landed in the box and Watt reacted well to find the net from close range.

Moments later, the lead was doubled. Kieran MacDonald made a forward run on the left and sent a cross to the back post, which Ferguson brilliantly headed into the top corner of the net.

A moment of controversy followed when, after being awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box, Montrose's Ross McCord was shown a straight red card for an unconfirmed offence.

Just before half-time, John Sweeney could have finished the match off when he found space inside the box, but his shot was blocked by a stretching Gable Endies defender.

The second half was much less eventful in terms of goalmouth action, as the ten-man home side struggled to put any real pressure on Nik Rajovic's goal. Their best opportunity fell to substitute Garry Wood when a loose ball bounced in front of him in the area, but his shot went wide with everyone expecting the net to bulge.

The Bully Wee's defence continued to hold firm in the closing stages and until the final whistle arrived.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights