Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Peterhead 1 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Balmoor Stadium
Date: Saturday, 12th October 2013
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 538
Referee: E Anderson


Peterhead   Clyde
(10) McLaren MacDonald (90) pen.

Hide Line-ups

Peterhead   Clyde
Smith Barclay
Yellow Card Sharp Brown Yellow Card
Red Card McGlinchey MacDonald
Noble Gray (87)
McGeever Marsh
Gilfillan Frances
(62) McCann Capuano (73)
Redman Sweeney Yellow Card
(83) McAllister Daly Yellow Card
Yellow Card Red Card (71) Rodgers McCluskey (67)
Yellow Card McLaren McColm
Yellow Card (62) Cox Watt (67)
MacDonald Rajovic
(83) Richardson Dickie
Yellow Card (71) Brown Scullion (87)
Buchan Fitzharris
Tait Ferguson (73)

Hide Match Report

A late penalty by Kieran MacDonald secured a valuable point for The Bully Wee today, in what was an incident-packed League Two contest at Balmoor Stadium.

Jim Duffy made four changes to the team that defeated Gala last week, With Ryan Frances, Giuseppe Capuano, Michael Daly and Stef McCluskey all added to the starting line-up.

The home side started the match strongly and took an early lead through Fraser McLaren. The forward was set up by ex-Clyde man Bryan Gilfillan and he managed to beat Jamie Barclay from inside the box.

Rory McAllister then saw his free-kick well saved by Barclay as The Blue Toon continued to look more threatening in front of goal.

However, as the half progressed The Bully Wee started to create more and were unlucky not to equalise from a flurry of chances just before the interval. McColm, Frances and Sweeney all came close as the first half ended with the hosts still in front.

Peterhead could have extended their lead early in the second half when, following a corner, Jamie Redman's shot hit the post.

After 68 minutes, there was a significant moment in the match and it sparked an eventful and tumultuous closing period. A mistake by home 'keeper Graeme Smith allowed Michael Daly to get a shot on target, which was saved by defender Conner McGlinchey. He was shown a red card, but John Sweeney's subsequent spot kick was well stopped by Smith.

With a numerical advantage, Clyde pushed hard for an equaliser and Sweeney's deflected shot from the edge of the box was brilliantly pushed away by Smith.

At this stage the match was reaching boiling point and numerous bookings followed, with Peterhead's Andy Rodgers also shown a red card despite already having been substituted, when he got involved in an incident that took place next to the dugouts.

In injury time, The Bully Wee were awarded a second penalty for handball. After the dust settled from another heated exchange between various players, MacDonald stepped up to coolly send Smith the wrong way and make it 1-1.

There was still time for a chance to win the match just before the full-time whistle, but McColm's effort was well blocked by a last-gasp challenge by Gilfillan.