Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 3 v 0 Queen's Park

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 24th August 2013
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 621
Referee: N Walsh
Queen's Park


Clyde   Queen's Park
(50) MacDonald  
(52) Ferguson  
O.G. (71) Brough  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Queen's Park
Barclay Brown
Yellow Card Gray Mitchell
MacDonald McComish
Monaghan (Trialist) Mosson
McQueen Brough
Frances Rooney Yellow Card
Yellow Card (86) Ferguson Spittal
Sweeney Keenan
(90) Daly Vitoria
(86) Watt Quinn (81) Yellow Card
McColm Burns (63)
(86) MacBeth Gebbie
Rajovic Lochhead
(90) McGachie Gibson
(86) Dickie McVey (63)
Scullion Davison (81)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee finally ended a long run of matches without a win over Queen's Park today, as three second half goals earned a home victory at Broadwood.

Following last week's defeat to Albion Rovers, Jim Duffy added Iain Gray, Kevin Watt and Scott Ferguson to the starting line-up - with the latter making his first start for the club. Former Hibs man Harry Monaghan also featured as a trialist for the second week in a row.

The first 45 minutes was disappointing for both sides and, in truth, a poor contest overall with little in the way of chances at either end of the pitch. The visitors probably came closest to scoring before half-time when Joao Pereira Vitoria turned in the box and sent a shot towards the roof of the net, but Jamie Barclay reacted well to push it over the bar.

After the break, however, an improved Clyde soon grabbed the initiative in the match with two fine individual goals in as many minutes.

Kieran MacDonald was first to strike when he cut in from the left wing, continued his run and found the bottom corner of the net with a low shot. Youngster Ferguson then notched a superb first goal for Clyde when he collected the ball on the right wing, dribbled past several Spiders defenders and managed to beat Michael Brown with a left footed shot.

The two-goal lead looked as though it would be enough to secure the win, but a third goal on 71 minutes eliminated any doubt. Stuart McColm's cross from the left wing was deflected by Queen's defender Jamie Brough and the ball looped over Brown and into the far corner of the net.

The Bully Wee played out the rest of the match comfortably and the final result moves the club into fourth place in League Two.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights