Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 0 Berwick Rangers

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 10th August 2013
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 469
Referee: D Roache
Berwick Rangers


Clyde   Berwick Rangers
(73) Daly  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Berwick Rangers
Barclay Grant
Yellow Card Brown Turner
(50) MacDonald Hoskins Yellow Card
Scullion Brydon Yellow Card
(46) Marsh Tulloch (46)
Frances Currie Yellow Card
MacBeth Gray (67)
Sweeney Notman
Daly Dalziel
(64) McCluskey Lavery
McColm Ronald (80)
(46) McQueen Miller
Rajovic Bauld
Ferguson Morris (67)
(50) Orrick O'Brien (80)
(64) McGachie Geilty (46)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee's 2013-14 League Two campaign got off to a winning start this afternoon, although the result came at a cost as at least two players may have picked up serious injuries.

The first casualty occurred in the warm-up as Kevin Watt - due to start on the bench - suffered an ankle injury and was eventually sent to hospital for a check-up.

When the action got underway, both teams contested a largely even first half in terms of territory and possession but the best two chances were created by Clyde. Pat Scullion's flick hit the inside of the post and landed in Paul Grant's arms, before the away 'keeper pulled off a fantastic save to stop a header from Ryan MacBeth.

Early in the second period, Berwick came close when Lee Currie fizzed a shot just past the post from outside the box.

David Marsh and Kieran MacDonald had already been forced to leave the field after receiving treatment when Stef McCluskey was on the wrong end of a poorly timed tackle by Dean Hoskins. The striker was stretchered off the pitch in some discomfort and was also sent to hospital for a full diagnosis.

A depleted Clyde side battled on though and managed to take the lead on 73 minutes. John Sweeney's corner was missed by everyone at the front post and Michael Daly was in the right place at the right time to prod the ball over the line.

The Wee Rangers enjoyed a late surge of pressure as they looked for an equaliser and were unlucky to see a close range effort hit the frame of the goal in injury time, before the final whistle confirmed a welcome three points for The Bully Wee.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery