Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 2 Falkirk

Match Type: Challenge Cup
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 27th July 2013
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 935
Referee: I Brines


Clyde   Falkirk
(61) McCluskey Grant (49)
  Leahy (64)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Falkirk
Barclay McGovern
(70) Scullion Duffie
MacDonald Turnbull
Yellow Card Gray Durojaiye
Yellow Card Marsh (Trialist) Vaulks
Frances Kingsley
MacBeth McGrandles
Sweeney Leahy
Daly Roberts Yellow Card
(77) McCluskey Fulton Yellow Card
McColm Alston (68)
(77) Watt Grant (78)
Rajovic Bowman (68)
(70) Ferguson (Trialist) Sibbald
McGachie Greene (78)

Hide Match Report

Clyde exited the Ramsdens Cup this afternoon, following a single goal defeat to Falkirk. 935 supporters attended a Broadwood Stadium bathed in sunshine to view each club's first competitive match of the 2013-14 season.

Although the end result was disappointing, the performance from the young Clyde side was not against their full-time opponents. The visitors had the majority of possession but came up against a resolute Bully Wee team who produced a disciplined display and very nearly took the game to extra-time.

After a goalless first half, Falkirk were the first to make the breakthrough. Blair Alston sent a low, curling right foot shot past Jamie Barclay after neat play from Falkirk’s midfield. However, The Bully Wee refused to buckle and demonstrated to the visitors that quality exists outside of the Championship. John Sweeney drove the ball out wide to Stuart McColm whose excellent cross was deftly touched home by Stefan McCluskey.

The parity was shortlived though. A corner was carelessly conceded and The Bairns were clinical in its execution, with McGrandles heading home from close range.

Encouragingly for the campaign ahead, Clyde continued to work hard and their diligence nearly got its reward in the final minutes when Ryan McBeth fired the ball past McGovern but unfortunately it hit the inside of the post and ended in the arms of the Falkirk keeper.

Not long after that the final whistle blew and Clyde again exited the Ramsdens Cup at the First Round stage. The performance was one which the home support were pleased with as the players gave their all in entertaining game and competed throughout against a team who will be challenging for a Premiership place this term.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights