Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 7 v 1 East Stirlingshire

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 15th October 2011
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 611
Referee: P Robertson
East Stirlingshire


Clyde   East Stirlingshire
(14) McDonald Coyne (82)
(19) Brown  
(31) Neill  
(77) Gallagher  
(81) Oliver  
(82) Cusack  
(90) Archdeacon  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   East Stirlingshire
Mentel Antell
(68) Brown Chisholm
Sharp Frances
Gallagher Beveridge
McQueen Jackson
Hay Hunter Yellow Card
(82) Neill Stirling
Sweeney Maxwell (72)
(78) McDonald Turner (82) Yellow Card
Cusack Coyne
Gray A Love
(78) Oliver S Love (72)
Hutchison Hay
Irvine Lurinsky (82)
(68) McMullan Savage
(82) Archdeacon Gibson

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee produced a ruthless display this afternoon, firing in seven goals against a struggling East Stirling outfit and claiming an easy three points.

The high scoring came via seven different players, three of whom were also notching their first goal for the club.

Jim Duffy once again fielded the same starting eleven and his team took control of the match from the outset, with the visitors aiming to defend in numbers.

That tactic was dealt an early blow though, when Stephen McDonald made a breakthrough to give Clyde the lead. The striker did well to blast a loose ball into the net from inside the box.

The Bully Wee's dominance continued and two further goals before half-time made things comfortable.

The first was a brilliant individual moment, as Gavin Brown broke forward and put a stunning shot into the net via the underside of the bar. John Neill was next, stabbing the ball home after Brian McQueen headed the ball towards goal.

After the break, The Shire managed to offer more as an attacking threat and enjoyed a better spell in the match. Felip Mentel was called into action on two or three occasions and produced fine stops.

However, John Sweeney and Stephen McDonald both missed chances at the other end and when a fourth goal did arrive on 77 minutes it triggered a frantic end to the match. Declan Gallagher got it, giving the 'keeper no chance with a header that found the top corner of the net.

Michael Oliver soon scored number five with a low strike, with East Stirling almost immediately grabbing a consolation through Bradley Coyne. The action didn't relent there, as Clyde went straight back up the park to register a sixth goal; Liam Cusack coolly finishing off a perfect pass from Mark Archdeacon.

Archdeaon then completed the rout himself as full-time approached, beating Callum Antell at the second attempt after seeing his first shot saved. 

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights