Clyde FC Official Website
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 0 v 2 Annan Athletic

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 5th February 2011
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 610
Referee: S Nicholls
Annan Athletic


Clyde   Annan Athletic
  O'Connor (21)
  Harty (74)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Annan Athletic
Hutchison Summersgill
(60) Trialist (Brown) Muirhead
McGowan MacBeth
McMillan Neilson
Lithgow Aitken
Girvan Gilfillan
Finlayson Cox (88)
Sweeney Jardine (83)
(75) McCusker Harty
(75) Cochrane O'Connor (75)
Waddell Docherty
Stevenson MacFarlane (83)
Allan Jamieson
(75) Stewart Sloan (88)
(75) Mills Bell (75)
(60) Park Steele

Hide Match Report

by David Worton

Clyde were missing Paul McMullan, Nicki Paterson and Willie Sawyers but were boosted by the return of Kevin Finlayson, John Sweeney and Ross McMillan. There was also a first start for Hadyn Cochrane as Stuart Mills dropped to the bench.

In Ian Harty and Sean O’Connor Annan fielded a front pairing that five years ago would have competed with anything in Division One but they were given little chance to impress in a scrappy opening part of the game. In fact, only Ricky Waddell’s blocked shot from the edge of the box seriously threatened either goalkeeper.

Clyde’s five man midfield was preventing either side’s strikers from receiving possession, however, as has so often been the case, Clyde buckled under the first piece of pressure applied by the away team. An innocuous cross from the right wing was left by Hutchison for trialist Gavin Brown, only for the right back to strangely loop the ball under his own cross bar. Hutchison then attempted to tip the ball over for a corner kick but only succeeded in putting it back into the danger area, where O’Connor reacted quickest to tap home.

Within a minute Clyde almost levelled. Full back Neil McGowan was given time to stroll forward and his terrific shot looked destined for the top corner, only to flick off a defender’s head. To some extent the goal did open things up a little as Annan then spurned a great chance to add a second when Harty sent O’Connor through on goals, only for Hutchison to block superbly at his feet.

The final opportunity of the half fell to Clyde when Waddell, who showed a bit of dig and quality throughout, turned away from Aitken inside the box before shooting straight at Craig Summersgill.

The second half continued in a similar vein but Annan continued to look more likely  to add to their lead and a terrific burst forward by David Cox ended with a cut back that Harty somehow skied over the cross bar from just 6 yards out. They were almost punished for this but Waddell’s free kick from 20 yards just missed the target.

The first substitution of the game saw Brown, who had impressed throughout with his powerful bursts forward, replaced by Ally Park. This move failed to increase the number of Clyde players pushing forwards and in typical fashion, as John Stewart and Mills waited to enter play, Annan sealed their win. Harty picked up the ball on the edge of the box and after his initial shot was blocked by Ross McMillan, the ex-Clyde striker curled a lovely effort into the far corner to complete the scoring for the afternoon. 

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights