Clyde FC Official Website
Rock Regen Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 4 Berwick Rangers

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 21st August 2010
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 898
Referee: D Roache
Berwick Rangers


Clyde   Berwick Rangers
(59) McCusker Notman (8)
  Currie (64)
  O'Reilly (70)
  Currie (84)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Berwick Rangers
Hutchison McCaldon
Park Notman
(27) McGowan Smith
McMillan McLean
Lithgow McLeod
Stevenson Greenhill
Finlayson McLaren (52)
Yellow Card McCusker Currie Yellow Card
(65) Dingwall O'Reilly
Sweeney Gribben (86) Yellow Card
Strachan McMullan
Henderson Brazil (52)
Allan Gordon (86)
(27) Girvan Ewart
Stewart Holms
(65) Sawyers Peat

Hide Match Report

by David Worton

Despite rumours of possible trialists taking part, Clyde made just one change to the team which defeated Queen’s Park as Graham Girvan replaced Iain Gray on the substitute’s bench.

Berwick fielded three ex-Clyde players, albeit the trio of David Greenhill, Eliot Smith and Craig O’Reilly made just a handful of appearances for the Bully Wee. The on form Wee Gers came into the match having scored 8 goals already this campaign.

Clyde had started their previous two league games in a positive fashion and this game saw a similar approach early on. A terrific pass over the top found Bryan Dingwall but the striker had to stretch for the ball and Ian McCaldon saved easily. This was followed by a good move that ended with Ally Park’s cross being headed towards goal by Dingwall but again, McCaldon had only to make a simple catch.

However, Berwick shocked the home supporters by scoring with their first serious effort on goal. Right back Steven Notman had plenty of time to fire in an ambitious shot from 30 yards that deflected off of Alan Lithgow into the net.

Clyde attempted to respond but the away team succeeded in creating several chances on the break. Firstly, J.C. Hutchison had to do well to block a shot as Fraser McLaren broke into the box. The Clyde ‘keeper then produced a top class save to keep out Darren Gribben after the striker had beaten the Bully Wee’s offside trap.

The Bully Wee did create chances of their own and should have levelled just before half-time. A corner from Adam Strachan was headed towards goal by Marc McCusker, only for the ball to strike the crossbar. From the rebound, McCusker again flicked the ball goalwards but McMullan did well to clear off the line.

The pressure continued at the start of the second period and Dingwall missed a glorious chance to equalise when he hit the ball into the side netting after being sent through on goal by McCusker. The home team did level though on the hour mark as McCusker rose unmarked in the box to head home a Strachan corner.

Sadly, this simply inspired the away team and Berwick soon regained their advantage. After Clyde had failed to gain possession of the ball in midfield, Gribben was played in on the left hand side and from his cross into the box, Paul Currie slotted home from 6 yards.

The result was put beyond doubt just minutes later as O’Reilly’s header was well saved by Hutchison, only for the striker to slot home the rebound. To add insult to injury, Currie added a fourth with a neat finish following more excellent play by Gribben. In fact, were it not for another couple of smart pieces of goalkeeping by Hutchison, the score-line would have been worse.


Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights