Clyde FC Official Website
Rock Regen Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Queen's Park 0 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Hampden Park
Date: Saturday, 14th August 2010
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,074
Referee: C Charleston
Queen's Park


Queen's Park   Clyde
  McCusker (50)

Hide Line-ups

Queen's Park   Clyde
Strain Hutchison
Little Park
Burns McGowan
Sinclair McMillan
Yellow Card Gallacher Lithgow Yellow Card
(81) McBride Stevenson
Yellow Card Watt Finlayson
Anderson McCusker (80)
(71) Eaglesham Dingwall (67)
Quinn Sweeney
(51) Smith Strachan
Brough Henderson
Hamilton Allan
(71) O'Hara Gray
(81) Harkins Stewart (80)
(51) Longworth Sawyers (67)

Hide Match Report

by David Worton

Clyde earned their first league win of the new season with a battling victory over Queen’s Park.

The Bully Wee started the match strongly and Bryan Dingwall was tripped on the edge of the box to give an early free-kick opportunity that Adam Strachan curled over the bar. Dingwall, who started the game well, then saw his cross fumbled by Adam Strain but no Clyde player was on hand to take advantage.

The first real chance of the match fell to ex-Pollok striker Dingwall but he pulled a shot well wide of the post after a terrific through ball by John Sweeney set him through on goal, with only the goalkeeper to beat.

Ally Park then saw a flicked header from Strachan’s corner cleared but Queen’s Park started to work their way into the match and Graeme Eaglesham had their first real chance but fired high over the bar.

The referee was then the centre of attention as Marc McCusker appeared to be pulled back by Paul Gallacher as he ran into the box. This was then followed by an apparent stamp by the defender as the pair fell to the ground but this was again missed by the officials.

After a period of pressure, the Spiders created the final chance of the half but after some neat passing football, J.C. Hutchison dived to clear at the feet of Ian Watt. In fact, the half-time break benefited the Bully Wee as they returned to the field of play with a renewed sense of purpose. Kevin Finlayson missed a terrific opportunity as he headed Connor Stevenson’s cross over the bar but within 5 minutes, Clyde were ahead. Good play down the left side by Strachan saw him swing in a cross that was spilled by Strain and top-scorer McCusker reacted quickest to slot into the empty net.

For the rest of the game, Queen’s Park were very much on top, though Strain had to do well to block a shot from McCusker following a one-two with substitute Willie Sawyers. Fortunately, the back four of Clyde performed exceptionally well and restricted the Spiders to just a couple of half chances. First, Tony Quinn saw his header tipped over the bar by Hutchison. The final chance fell to substitute Jamie Longworth with just 5 minutes left on the clock but he pulled his shot wide of the post under pressure from Lithgow.


Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery