Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 4 v 1 Queen's Park

Match Type: League Cup
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Tuesday, 5th August 2008
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 690
Referee: S Dougal
Queen's Park


Clyde   Queen's Park
(15) Roddy MacLennan Harkins (82)
(63) Gibson  
(86) McSwegan  
(88) McSwegan  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Queen's Park
Cherrie Crawford
Gibson Ure
(68) Ruari MacLennan Douglas
Higgins Sinclair
Brown Brough Yellow Card
Yellow Card Kettlewell Harkins Yellow Card
Trouten Dunn (73)
(46) Wilson Cairney
(46) Clarke Coakley (73)
Gemmill Neill Yellow Card
Roddy MacLennan Holms
(68) McSwegan Agostini
McKendry Cowie
(46) McLaren Dunlop
(46) Ohnesorge Quinn (73)
McKay McGrady (73)

Hide Match Report

by Graham Murray

Clyde entertained their former Glasgow rivals for the first time in 15 years in the 1st round of the league cup.

Despite there being a division separating the two reams it would be the visitors who would start the brighter, with Coakley sent clear, after hesitation from the defenders and Cherrie, the young striker shot weakly at Cherrie and the chance was lost.
Slightly against the run of play and Clyde would take the lead, after Brown had caused problems from a Trouten corner, the ball broke to Roddy MaClennan at the edge of the box, and his half volley was kept down well and struck sweetly enough to find the net, despite a deflection en route.
There would be no more scoring in the first half, but again Brown would not be happy with his team’s first half performance and would again ring the changes at half time.
Off came Clarke and Wilson, to be replaced by Ohnersorge and McLaren, with the team reverting to a 4-4-2.
Almost instantly, the tempo and passing got quicker and more precise with McLaren especially causing problems, and it came as little surprise when Clyde doubled their lead.
A tremendous Trouten delivery only had to be met by Gibson, with so much pace on the ball, he simply had to divert his header into the net for a very good goal.
With it being a cup tie, visiting manager Spiers through caution to the wind and brought on a new strike force of McGrady and Quinn and the substitutes would combine well to pull Queens back with 8 minutes remaining causing problems enough in the Clyde defence to allow Harkins to fire home.
The revival would be killed off in emphatic style by Clyde and in particular Gary McSwegan.
The veteran striker netting a rebound from a penalty after Roddy MaClennan was dumped in the box, and then finishing off a great left wing move involving McLaren and Ohnersorge.
In the end a deserved win, even if the scoreline was a tad flattering.


Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery