Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 0 v 1 Livingston

Match Type: Scottish Championship
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 4th April 2009
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 957
Referee: C Brown


Clyde   Livingston
  Hamill (22)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Livingston
Yellow Card Hutton McKenzie
(62) Brown MacKay
Yellow Card (77) Wilson Malone
Yellow Card Higgins Griffin
Yellow Card Gibson Davidson
Lithgow Innes (27)
(68) Gemmill McParland (90)
Yellow Card Kettlewell Hamill
Clarke Griffiths
Winters Winters (77) Yellow Card
Red Card McLaren One
(68) Tade Miller (27)
Cherrie McDowall
T Stevenson De Vita (77)
(62) McKay Fox (90)
Yellow Card (77) Ruari MacLennan Halliday

Hide Match Report

by Graham Murray

In, what was another must win game for Clyde, a debut was handed to Robbie Winters. After his omission from the starting line-up against Dunfermline, Lithgow returned at the heart of the defence, alongside Gibson, whilst Brown came in at right-back.

Livingston started the brighter, but survived an injury scare when Griffiths went down, and seemed unlikely to continue. He shook off the knock and caused the Clyde defence problems.

Livi’s first chance came when a neat Winters ball over the top of the static Clyde rearguard was set for Davidson to fire home, only to be thwarted by a superb last ditch tackle by Kettlewell.

It didn’t take much longer for there to be a goal, and it came as no surprise when the visitors grabbed it. A long hopeful punt by Griffin saw Brown take out Griffiths, with a quite unnecessary challenge, with the ball heading out. The free-kick was initially cleared, but Hamill collected on the edge of the box, turn inside Clarke’s weak challenge and fired past a helpless Hutton.

Clyde tried to hit back straight away. Hutton’s good throw out saw McLaren race down the left flank, and cross towards the box. Although Clarke had time to possibly bring the ball down, he elected to try and beat the Livi keeper from 16-yards with a header that was comfortably held.

Clyde had a better chance as half-time approached. Kettlewell slipped the ball out wide to McLaren, and his cross was met by Winters who possibly should have at least hit the target from just over 6 yards out.

The game came to life on the hour mark.

After Brown had fed the ball into Winters' feet, the experienced striker turned inside and fed Clarke, the ball broke back to Winters and he appeared to be brought down as he cut inside. Referee Brown turned down the penalty appeal, and red mist descended upon McLaren as he petulantly flicked out at Livi’s McKay. Spotted by the referee, McLaren was punished, but most in the ground were amazed by the red card shown.

If that decision was soft, the next one was worse, when Brown awarded Livi a penalty as Griffiths slippers gave way in the box when he was close to Gibson. Hutton was booked for protesting, but would ensure justice was done by saving McKay’s penalty.

The numerical disadvantage meant that Clyde did not have the numbers to make a push, although it is questionable if they had the belief anyway.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights